snowboarding.

iloveboxcars

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at Kimberley over the new years holiday and it was decent, most of the hill was open

I am also hoping to get out to whis at leastonce this year as I've never ridden there...

I work with a dude who lives in whis on his days off, he loves it but he's kind of a doucher, he said they were having a record year where did all the snow go?

The only other mountain I've ridden this year was also pretty ridiculous with the pow, but that was in November and it wasn't in BC.

Mar post up what you end up with for boots/bindings and how much you get em for

i donno man i like sharp edges for my downhill board, but my park board has filed edges fuck them shits catching on rails.

I'm guessing your on the westcoast? Because growing up without season passes in icy New England, the extent of "downhill" riding my friends and I usually ever did was dropping in to hit whatever rail we had set up. We used to joke that your edges only needed to be sharp enough to keep you from falling over while you were getting pulled up to a handrail. I miss those days.

• 2 weeks later...
Update: I got K2 boots and Ride Contraband bindings.

Cool.

Let us know how those Ride bindings are.

I rode a Rome Agent 158 with Rome Arsenal bindings all day yesterday.

The board was fucking awesome. I'm definitely going to be picking up an Agent after I work a few OT shifts :lol:

The bindings I liked, but not as much as the ones I'm riding on my board (Technine MFM pro model). Those bindings are TITS and I don't know if I'm ever going to find a binding to top them...

went to homewood for the first time. definitely going to go again, not a lot of people. the actual trails were fun but i do a lot more off-trail stuff. got stuck twice nearly waist deep in powder, i dug my self out once, the second time i just crouched down and kayaked to the trail.

the 'ellis' lift was closed so i got a free pass for a weekday. probably going next week.

i also dropped my nose too soon when i got to the trail once, did about 5 flips, fucked up my shoulder pretty bad. had to carry a tv stand up 4 flights of stairs today, my shoulder wasn't happy.

Hitting up Utah in a week and a half for 4 days. They've been getting fucking blitzed and Colorado is still really weak on the snow, so i'm hoping they continue getting 1 and 2 foot dumps every night up until/while i'm there. I'm about due for some serious powder. I figured moving to Colorado was going to solve my long draught of no substantial fresh, but so far it's been a disappointment here. On the bright side, there's still a ton of the season left.

I havent been to homewood in years. As i recall it's pretty small. Alpine Meadows is my jumpoff. It used to be super low-key but lately people are finding out about it. The double blacks had nobody on them and were fucking loaded with so much snow you could pick any line you wanted. Un-fucking-believable skiing conditions.

eskimobasecamp-001.jpg

05 K2 public enemy's

+

05 Solomon S 810ti's

+

Rossi Bandit 1's

large_rossignol_bo_20.jpg

+

WHITE POWDA

=

amazing.

Out in Utah right now. Rode today at Brighton, Snowbird tomorrow, haven't decided where we're going the other 2 days. The weather today was fucking gorgeous though. It was that perfect temp in the high teens/20s where it's cool enough that nothing is melting, but warm enough that you never really get cold. Plus, they had a couple inches of fresh snow on top of their already serious base, and it's supposed to snow up to 8 inches tonight and possibly even more than that the next two nights as well.

I'm sure 4-8 inches is nothing particularly exciting for some of you who live near the mountains and only go out on serious powder days but i haven't had fresh powder in like 5 years, and even though i moved out to colorado a few months ago, we haven't got shit yet, so this is acting as my reintroduction to real snow.

We also found an amazing little area out of bounds that you had to drop a short shoot into, then it was entirely untracked, probably 6inches to a couple feet deep of powder, with huge pillows and shot straight into some trees that you could haul ass through. Probably the best runs i've had in years.

Fuck yeah it is. Brighton is generally our first day mountain, since we've been coming to Utah for damn near a decade now and know that place like that back of our hands, so it works as a great warm up mountain and we almost always know exactly what we're getting into. Plus, it's rarely busy and always less crowded than other resorts even on busy days, so you can get a ridiculous amount of runs in and on days like today, never have to wait in line. Snowbird is probably my favorite spot out here though, and i'm hoping we get that full 8 inches or more for tomorrow. 8+ inches of fresh on top of the couple inches from last night, and the leftover snow from storms earlier this week/last week would make for some incredibly ideal conditions. If it's looking good there, it would not surprise me if we spend at least 1, if not both of our other days there.

For those of you who haven't been to Utah, Solitude and the Canyons are ultra overrated. I'm sure there are people who love them and think Snowbird sucks, but fuck that noise.

Went snowboarding yesterday and loved it, sore as fuck today though. It was pretty much my first time, I've gone before but I was real young so it didn't really count.

Now I've been kinda interested in picking up a board of my own, found this...

http://www.rossignol.com/US/angus_RE9WP03_product_snowboard-men-boards.html

Rossignol_Angus_2010.JPG

Got I think the best wood under $400 from Transworld, and has really good reviews. Not really digging the graphics but that's whatever.

Cool.

Let us know how those Ride bindings are.

The contrabands are alright. They are a bitch to set up before you can even put them on the board. It took me close to an hour and a youtube video to get it, but they only have one strap to do up, which is kinda nice. I probably wouldn't recommend them but they are well made, so I really have no real complaints. If you get them, it might be worth it to get the shop to put them on for you.

My K2's are quick laces, I love them to death. They arent too heavy either. And unlike the boa system you can switch them out for regular laces if they break.

• 3 weeks later...

thought this was the snowboarding thread? where did all these skiiers come from posting gay shit?

anyways... ive only been once this season cause i havent had much time, but im trying to get a new setup next season. maybe a park pickle and some flow bindings, all my boys are about flows and ive used em before, they're the best bindings i've ever fucked with