Roc Raida Dead??

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

FUCK

X-Ecutioners / X-Men were my favorite DJ group and an inspiration

I heard he was in a Car accident and was paralized, but according to twitter he was regaining feeling in his feet and expected to make a full recovery

raida.jpg

RIP!!

I seen roc-raida a few yers ago, one of the best most underrated DJs of ALL TIME!!!

aparantly they are announcing condolences on Power 107 in NY

http://www.sohh.com/2009/09/breaking_busta_rhymes_ann.html

X-Ecutioner member and Busta Rhymes' personal deejay, Anthony "DJ Roc Raida" Williams, has reportedly passed today (September 19), however, details surrounding his death are still unknown.

Busta announced the unexpected news via his Twitter account Saturday afternoon.

"I am sorry 2 say that on this day at 2:05 Sept 19th we lost another incredible life...Dj Roc Raida died 2day my personal Dj is gone... I just wanna thank everyone 4 ur love and support and ur prayers...We will never let ur name die Roc...We love u and will 4ever miss u...RIP." (Busta Rhymes' Twitter)

He was reportedly checked into a hospital earlier this month after becoming the victim of a car accident.

While details could not be confirmed, it was reported that Roc Raida suffered injuries to his spine during the accident. "Anthony Williams p/k/a GM Roc Raida is in the hospital,' Roc Raida's family confirmed in a statement. 'His family thanks all of his fans for the well wishes and prayers. At this time please allow him and his family privacy to deal with the matter. The rumors and chatter is not accurate and we will release something more in detail at a later time. Thank you on behalf of the family and close friends.' (All Hip Hop)

He also helped create hit records for some of hip-hop biggest names.

Raida has produced records for artists, such as Big L, Fat Joe, Ghostface Killah, Jungle Brothers and Linkin Park, to name a few and has dropped scratches for artist's like O.C.'s classic 'Time's Up' to pop sensation Pink's new album I'm Not Dead. (British Hip Hop)

Raida's career within the music industry dates back nearly two decades as a member of the X-Ecutioners and award-winning deejay.

Roc Raida started DJing hip-hop at the age of ten with his father's help. From there he's gone on to found one of the most prolific turntablist crews the world has yet to see, with partners Mista Sinista, Rob Swift and Total Eclipse. Collecting championship titles and awards across the world, he's brought an art form back that may well have been slowly motioned to obscurity, creating excitement by injecting pure passion into his mixes. (All Music)

No further information has been released as of now.

DJROCRAIDA.jpg

I'll say it in this thread too.

Dude was hella' humble.

He had a gig in my town one night and came through that afternoon and performed for a group of students at my summer camp I work at.

They barely knew who he was but please believe all of us instructors were grooving the fuck out as he rocked it for a good half hour for about 35 lil' kids and 6 grown ups, but he did it up like he was in front of hundreds of fans.

At the end, I was starstruck and just thanked him repeatedly.

Truly a sad loss for not only the hiphop community but the music and creative arts world in general.