RIP michael jackson

sarcasm

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Michael Jackson was a musical genius, no doubt.

People unwilling to give him that because of his personal life -- I'm just talking about his talent and ability to create music. Aside from him being androgynous, a weirdo, and having a questionable past with children -- it's not shit I'm interested in. Fact is, he was real talented and one of a kind.

not reading through eleven pages as I'm impartial to him dyeing as I don't give a shit buuuut,

when I came and saw my mom today she said

"What's the difference between MJ and Disney movies?

Disney movies can still touch kids."

so that's how I found out he was dead.

wow.....this one was unexpected and shocking....and it hit me pretty hard. I was given a copy of the thriller album (vinyl) at the age of 6 by my uncle....me and my parents were at his apartment, and I was in a separate room listening to thriller over and over again...at the end of our stay (about 4 or 5 hours later), he gave me the album cause he knew I liked it so much.

This was the first music I really listened to and enjoyed. This was about a year or so before I really got into hip hop music, but I always listened to his music no matter what else I was into at the time.....At the age of 7, BAD came out, and my parents immediately bought me the tape (yes, tape)...which I have to this day....I listened to this for days on end....i pretty much have all of the lyrics memorized...by 10 I was fully into hip hop and didnt really listen to michael jackson anymore, until dangerous came out....I remember FOX showing every new michael jackson video once a week until they were all shown....i remember being in elementary school and watching the videos and going to school the next day to talk about how much the black/white video was cool because of mccullay culkin and the people morphing at the end....or how cool it was to see magic johnson and eddie murphy in the remember the time video.

i even remember a professional dancer coming to our elementary school named pepper von who was in the remember the time music video as a backup dancer...we didnt think he was cool, but the fact that he was in the same music video as michael was cool. a year later, at the age of 12, this kid named nick moved to our school from another city...nick was this tall african american kid who knew how to do the MJ spin and moonwalk...and he would show us how it was done and we would all practice....i even rented moonwalker...the video game to play and watched the movie to slow down the spin and moonwalk to learn it in the late 80's.

the weird thing is, about 2 or 3 years ago, I was thinking, "what celebrity's death would be the saddest for my generation," and i kept thinking about michael jackson....weird...because i pictured him passing when i was in my 40's or 50's, and having to explain to my kids who he was.....im not even 30 yet, and I can't believe he's gone.

the girl next to me in class showed me a text on her iphone today, and the text just said "Michael Jackson just died"....damn...i felt my stomach churn for a quick second, and then she said it was her friend probably playing a joke on her....so i didnt think anything of it....my other friend who is a phlebotomist, was working at our school today on a blood drive, in a blood bus....when i went in the bus to say hi to her, i heard michael jackson on the radio and people talking about him....i asked what had happened to michael jackson and they all confirmed it...and then so did the radio station....i got home and caught the news.....fuck....still can't believe it....i literally grew up listening to his music....he made good music....positive music like man in the mirror....damn.

no matter what controversies surrounded him (dangling baby on the balcony or child molestation), i didn't really care...all i know was that he was a great musician and he made music that people all over the world loved....his music was really music that could unite people.

michael jackson, you will be missed. :(

R.I.P. Michael Jackson

3409364883_3d91fe99a7_b.jpg

Trae ft. Big Hawk & Fat Pat - Swang

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z25cdJJ20rI&feature=related

First single off Trae's 2006 album "Restless" featuring Big Hawk. It contains a sample of Michael Jackson's "Lady In My Life"

This song is a dedication to Fat Pat who died eight years earlier in 1998. Unfortunately, his brother Big Hawk, who also has a part on this track, has also been shot in May 2006, just a month before "Restless" would come out.

R.I.P Fat Pat, Big Hawk & DJ Screw

*and Michael Jackson

mad people calling the dude a pedo cause of some accusations. dude was never convicted of anything.

but seriously, what about the parents??? i said this already, earlier in this thread. why aren't they being shit on for essentially pimping out their children to a grown man who without a doubt had some issues. "oh hey, sure i'll let my 10 year old kid sleep over a grown man's house....for 2 million dollars."

who is the real scum bag? hey, if the dude was really guilty of all that pedo shit, he deserves the shit he got, but then so do the parents of the kids who pimped out their children to him. in fact, they deserve a lot worse than him.

maybe he was genuinely fucked in the head since he was thrown into the entertainment industry when he was 11 years old and had a crazy ass abusive father. who knows what else he was exposed to. then, dump a ton of money on the guys lap, now you have a recipe for disaster. people with mental illness and money are never a good mix. now add in the money hungry leaches who are the parents of these kids and you have the shit show we all heard about over and over again. either way, the parents are the real culprits for exploiting their own children for money.

maybe he threw money at the situation cause he was guilty and wanted to buy them off or maybe he just threw money at the problem to make it go away and said, hey fuck it i just want it to be over. we'll never know. i'm going to give the dude the benefit of the doubt and still appreciate the music he made through the years as opposed to dwelling on the dudes apparent mental illness and the scumbags that exploited it.

I'm not doubting it, just interested...

Somebody please post a list of stars dying in 3's...

wierd that you say this cuz

i was at washington mutal depositing a couple checks and the ladys friends came over like "omg guess what just happened"

me and the homie were nosey so we listened in and the chick was like yeh micheal jackson just died

i thought she was kidding so i googled it and what do you know he actually died and the lady given me the mony noticed wed been listening and my homie and i got into a bit of a conversation with the teller or whatever and her friend and the one that came up and said that he died was also like

"you know they say people die in threes"

kinda wierd

oh and

fuck my life the radio stations here in vegas are all playing micheal songs

fuck

lol

This guy did so much for the world in his life and gets no respect whatsoever. Its kind of sad to see fools here that get all hype in the heavens when dead writers pass away but crack jokes at this mans expense. Its cool, just saying-

Archived