iPhone Applications & Discussion Thread

Pistol

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

It is worth paying for especially if you can save on text overages in the long run.

I hope more of my iPhone people get this and use it instead of SMS.

Too bad regular cells don't have this capability to vibrate or chime when you get an I'm.

So, I may need some help here. I sold my iPod Touch hoping to buy the iPhone 3g because my AT&T Contract had expired, so I could get it for 100 dollars. I went to the store and found out they tacked on a bullshit 30 dollar fee for data, which I was not down for. I then saw a friend using an iPhone 3g saying he bought it off one of his friends and he switched the SIM card on the iphone so he just uses Wi-Fi instead of having to pay the 30 dollars a month for data, but when I went back to AT&T to try to get the phone without the data plan the guy said it's impossible to do that, and you can't use a phone that doesn't have that plan.. Is there any way I can get around this Data Plan charge?

Oh yeah I just got a free new refurb 3g

I made my genius appt thurs and they replaced my screen (my waranty is up July 11th) cuz I had dead pixels in 2 different screen regions.

So they replace my screen , and within 3 hrs my phone gets stuck in an infinite loop of starting up with the apple logo, keeping a dark grey screen on for a couple minutes and then flashing, rebooting, and starting the process over and over. I factory restored but for some reason it wouldn't recognize beyond recovery mode, so I went in Friday, they factory restored , and it worked for about an hour untill the infinite apple loop started up again. So I let it loop like this July 4th and go in this morning. As soon as I step foot in the store it boots up (i assume connecting to their wifi)

so they see me and I'm like "listen I'm not crazy, my phone was doing this loop right before I got there, and I sure as hell had better things to do at noon on a Sunday"

so turns out some hardware errors can lead to random restarts.

Got me a new refurb 3g and the main thing I'm noticing is the fresh battery!

Posting pics via iPhone is pretty easy but time consuming.

Just incase, for a screen grab press and hold your power button then press your home button.

To post I use the new photobucket app. (new one is blue, old one won't work on os3)

Once I upload a pic from my iPhone the app, nor photobucket mobile will give you the codes.

You have to go to the full version of photobucket to get the code.

On top of that the only way is to tap the thumbnail lightly till the drop down window appears.

Then tap the little checkmark box on the menu, you can do this for all the pics you want to get code for.

Once you've selected or checkmarked all the pics you're going to post scroll down and click generate code.

The screen it takes you to will have the codes generated and you can select and copy on that screen.

Then roll back to the oontz and paste.

Hopefully the next photobucket app let's you grab the code fro

it.

I ran into spectr this weekend, and he asked me to restore his 2G iPhone (it was stuck in a loop on the Apple screen). Since I didn't have much to do, I decided to give it a shot.

Originally I planned to use the 2.2.1 firmware but after about three hours of trying different versions of iTunes and firmwares I couldn't get it to work. I was pretty frustrated at this point, so I took the phone home with me to work on it once I calmed down a bit.

Later on I uninstalled the older version of iTunes so I could update to 8.2. Then I upgraded the firmware on my Touch to 3.0 and jailbroke it with redsn0w without a hitch. On a hunch I decided to try installing the 3.0 firmware on the iPhone, and lo and behold it worked like a charm! I then tried to jailbreak it and got stuck trying to get the bootloaders to work, so I decided to not push my luck and returned the phone today...he was happy, and I was relieved to get it out of my sight.

Anyway, I was wondering what Cydia repositories the rest of you folks were using...I used to use Installer but it's been discontinued, and from what I can tell there's not very many useful apps on Cydia.

not sure if this has been posted.

but if you have 3.0, and wanna be able to tether your phone without the cydia app, use this.

http://the-mobiler.com/how-to-enable-tethering-in-iphone-os-30-for-att-customers

i've been using it since 3.0 came out now. pretty nice, real simple.

Thank you

I WOULD like to teather with 3.0

I just want a non wifi method

I've got to wait until February to get the full discount on the 3Gs.

32 gigs is dope, the video would save my ass, I could put it in a front shirt pocket and hit record.

Right now I have a micro sd camera but it looks obviose unless I attach it to my camera.

I'm trying to sue NYPD next time I get harrased while taking pictures in the subway or whatever.

They think I'm a terrorist or something but if I catch a bs case I'm getting Arab money.