iPhone Applications & Discussion Thread

Pistol

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Does anyone know of an app that will let you watch video that is sent to you through your email? The video has a QuickTime logo but it never plays on the phone. It always says it can't play it

i dont know first hand if it works as well as it sounds but VLC player supports VCD, DivX, FLAC, OGG, WMA and WMV. could try that.

is there some good apps around for tethering?

i'm moving tomorrow and gonna be without internetz for a week or so, oh no!

already checked out the neighbors wireless, its all protected.

i know they yanked the Tether app from the store, but i'm jailbroken so any rec's from cydia??

thanks.

Look up the iNitsua theme.

You need to install:

-Five columns

-Five Dock icons

-Springjumps

-iBlank (for blank apps/placemarks)

And then download the theme. It comes with a walkthrough that you can activate in Winterboard. Do that before running the actual theme. It's an interactive walkthrough.

Took me about an hour to set up.

As always, shoot me questions.

i'm sending my ipod in before my warranty funs out (in 4 days haha), i have some dead pixels in my screen.

can i save all the apps i've downloaded (emulators, themes, etc) somewhere on my computer so i can just re-update my ipod when i get it back? everything on the ipod gets erased when you send it in.

also, i accidentally deleted cydia, is there another way i can download it?

it's not anything like the inav theme is it?

Because all the other ones like that were actually less functional

Is this more or less functional?

It's more eyecandy than anything. Honestly, it can be a little awkward at first but I like it just because of how different it is.

i'm sending my ipod in before my warranty funs out (in 4 days haha), i have some dead pixels in my screen.

can i save all the apps i've downloaded (emulators, themes, etc) somewhere on my computer so i can just re-update my ipod when i get it back? everything on the ipod gets erased when you send it in.

also, i accidentally deleted cydia, is there another way i can download it?

Very Important:

Wipe your phone of any and all traces of your Jailbreak before you send it in or else they will not honor your warranty.

It's more eyecandy than anything. Honestly, it can be a little awkward at first but I like it just because of how different it is.

ok, heres what i worry about

some very high end games barely run with winterboard, for example the sims and tiger woods 2009... they cant run if you launch them through the categories app

does this use a similar memory sucking shell that will prevent direct launching of high mem games? Im intirested in doing this because I like the look and clock on screen, but im wary of stuff like this after iNav fucked me pretty hard

Hmmm...good question. I'm guessing you might have some issues as I have noticed a very slight lag from time to time.

Mainly when running Cydia.

I dunno about those games though, I most play the emulators, which I haven't had any problem with yet.

emulatprs dont use up nearly the memory of appstore games because even the 3d engine in a GBA was built for less than 128mb

the iPhone does pretty well with the open GL 3d, and only high end appstore games utilize this. Remember when I was talking about the diff between simcity for snes and for the appstore? its miles apart.

I still have a problem with iNave leaving blank apps in the spaces I dotn havfe real apps in, filling up all 8 pages with blank apps... if i delete them (can only do in safe mode) they reappear on relaunch of winterboard. I have uninstalled inav completely, which is the only reccomendation I have found...

im working on filling up all 8 pages with apps and seeing if that eliminates the problem... but some apps i cant make appear like cydea - I have to launch ith thru categories or HUD

because iNav does some screwy shit

It uses it's own blank app creation, and it just fills every empty space with a blank app

To install any app I have to go to safe mode, delete all the blanks, install, then go to boss preffs hide apps and hide it then un hide

It's retarded, and it happens with inav

Supposedly deleting the theme makes it go away, but that didn't work for me