iPhone Applications & Discussion Thread

Pistol

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- Apple Inc. (AAPL 140.99, -3.68, -2.54%) showed off its new iPhone 3GS smartphone at the company's annual developers conference Monday. Speaking during a keynote address, Phil Schiller, Apple's senior vice president of worldwid product marketing, said the newest iPhone runs functions twice as fast as the current iPhone 3G, and comes with a new 3-megapixel camera and voice command technology. Schiller said the iPhone 3GS will cost $199 for a 16-gigabyte version and $299 for a 32GB model and be available June 19. Schiller also said Apple cut the price of its 8GB iPhone 3G to $99

I'm looking for this third party app that i saw somewhere but forgot what it's called. What it does is if your in SMS on an itouch or AIM or something like that, when you leave that app to do something else, it pops up when there is a new message.

Anyone know what it is called?

I been getting full bars on 3G but somehow can't connect to the web in some areas of Manhattan.

Just ran an OS update and AT&T carrier update, same shit, It's pissing me off.

When they going to get rid of the exclusive with AT&T and get on with Verison and Sprint?

the new 3G is pretty cool. kinda lame that you can't get the new intro price if you are an existing customer. old 8GB for $99, new customers can enjoy the $199 and $299 pricing, but existing customers pay full retail price? pffffffffffffft. fuck off. like i have 500-700 bucks to waste on a new phone.

I been getting full bars on 3G but somehow can't connect to the web in some areas of Manhattan.

Just ran an OS update and AT&T carrier update, same shit, It's pissing me off.

When they going to get rid of the exclusive with AT&T and get on with Verison and Sprint?

As of right now there are no plans for AT&T to make any carrier changes, and given apples desire for worldwide device uniformity, I don't see a non gsm hardware edition on the horizon any time soon

As for your service outages, I would blame that on high rises blocking the signal, in comparison to the relatively lower lying construction of Brooklyn and queens

If you walk down UN plaza there's a whole lot more concrete and steel in between you and the towers

I tried to work some black magic today in regards to my cracked screen. Called Apple and explained my situation and said that I needed to repair my phone. They said I could pay the $199 for the repair or I could just go with $99 for a replacement, now that that's the new price for the 3G 8G iPhone. I mentioned something about not being able to since I've only been with AT&T for nine months and the Apple guy told me that I would be allowed to get a new phone for the $99 if I renewed my contract for another two years. And then tried to get me to get the new 3Gs for $299 instead.

So I called AT&T to make sure this was indeed possible and the woman I talked to said yes and that the 3G 16G could be mine for $150, with a renewed contract.

So I'm going to go into the AT&T store tomorrow and see what the hell is up... because I don't want to pay $200 for some nerd to replace my cracked screen if I can get a new phone for $99.

The 3Gs is cool and all but I'm not big on taking video, I don't need a high-pixel camera phone because I rarely take pictures of anything I care about with my phone and voice recognition is kinda silly to me. So the 3Gs is a cool upgrade and all but not that important to me.

The software upgrade though... yeah, stoked for that.

ive asked this before and have looked at every site i can think of for an answer but i cant find a solution anywhere... is there something i can download so that i can watch videos sent to me through my email when checking it on my iphone??? when i get a videos it has a quicktime logo but never plays. i just get a screen saying the movie couldnt be played. i just want to be able to watch videos sent to me through my email on my iphone. any ideas???????