iPhone Applications & Discussion Thread

Pistol

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

From what I was told by apple I'm not eligible for the discount price on the new 3Gs ones coming out.

My early termination fee is only $130 though which is still a huge discount and probably worth it.

Only problem with that is I'll need to change my phone number.

I might do it though depending on what a mint 8 gig 3g sells for.

I think there are small thermometers on iPhones on the top left of the face already.

I think they only tell it when it's pressed against your ear so the screen turns off.

Actual temperature readings aren't too far fetched, the digi scale would jack the price way up if it were reliable though.

No that's not a thermometer

Put your thumb over it and it does nothing - it uses the aceleromiter to turn the screen off

There's only like 5 million weather apps with live temperature anyways

As for a digi-scale, that's impossible with the current touch screen - it only measures in binary (either region = "touched" or region = "no touch"

There's no way to measure analog pressure with the LCD touchscreen

Altho I think a screen similar to the BB storm would have potential to measure weight, however I don't think it would be sensitive enough to weigh anything light enough , while the heavier end of it's range would risk damaging the device

ughhh im lost..

so I install 3.0 through itunes still?

same here.

not sure how to upgrade to 3.0. i have a 8GB 3G that is jailbroken using quickpwn.

can you just restore your phone/ get rid of the jailbreak, and then update to 3.0? and then re-jailbreak if wanted?

i was trying to read various pages online about handling it, but i just getting confused lol

You update to 3.0 via iTunes which, if jailbroken will wipe out all "illegal apps" so if you have saves game files, themes for Winterboard, etc. Make a back up file. The Dev teams should (if not already) have a 3.0 jailbreak out ASAP.

You re-jailbreak and SSH in to re-install your save files, themes, etc.

Info:

http://www.ubergizmo.com/15/archives/2009/03/iphone_30_jailbreak_is_ready.html

What i always do, is wait a week or so to update, then re-jailbreak.