iPhone Applications & Discussion Thread

Pistol

i bought the mlb app for $10 because it said you could watch full live games, wanted to be able to see the rangers play when i wasn't at home. turns out you can't watch teams from your area.. you can get audio though...

this took way too long to type on my ps3

So, I live in Austin. Would I be able to watch the Rangers?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
I bet they didn't have video on the 3G just to have another selling point when they came out with the 3Gs.

Well hurr durr!

That's apples whole game plan, other than that the 3gs just has more operating memory (which is useless since apps are programmed for the lowest denominator) and vlingo voice controll app intigrated

Same reason they delayed copy paste so long - because they want you tobreally pay attention to new hardware, so they delay an easy update to match with new hardware releases - copy paste could have been available at launch, but it's the old salesman technique - never ever give the customer the top shelf up front, then you have no room to work with

I'm sure there's a reason MMS is delayed as well

Btw anyone got mms working?

Nah MMS still facked.

Emailing pics is the only way right now. They also want to drag this battery issue as long as they can, doesn't make any sense why they can't make a battery that lasts longer.

If the argument is that it takes a lot of energy to run apps and touch screens, then why can't we switch batteries on these phones?

Retail tricks.

So anyone got suggeestions for my question above???

So I started jailbreaking/unlocking people's ipods/phones from work for some extra side cash.

I just unlocked and jailbroke my first iPhone, and im sure I will be asked "How do I now use this for different carriers?"

A brief google search yielded mostly unlocking providers.

Any help? You guys seem to know this stuff pretty well.

So I started jailbreaking/unlocking people's ipods/phones from work for some extra side cash.

I just unlocked and jailbroke my first iPhone, and im sure I will be asked "How do I now use this for different carriers?"

A brief google search yielded mostly unlocking providers.

Any help? You guys seem to know this stuff pretty well.

Ahem.

I believe the iPhone has a feature where if you type in the wrong password more than 5 times or so it deletes everything. I'm sure there are ways to probably get that data off your phone but the average thief would probably be happy for your gently used iPhone to slang or use not logging into your bank account or looking at your wifes nudes.

i used to post in ch. 0 years back under a different name, so i know how you all are...

And i already read through the whole theard.

so at any rate: I just came into an iPhone 3G 8mb. I couldnt find any exact description of what jailbraeking does.. anyone wanna give me a short description of the amazing things it'll allow me to do? And tethering.. is that just for stealing saps internet connections?

edit: for jailbreaking im assuming it just lets you fuck with all the settings..but i was looking for somethingmore specific. And Cydia's for free apps?

in all honesty jailbreaking is very over rated...yea i said it..its ok tho but id be fine either way, all it does is installe cydia which allows another option for an app store, but these apps allow you to customize themes buttons ect the only 2 apps worth the effort are cycorder (again over rated cause its wack) and winterboard which is the only tool iv found to be usefull most apps are free and very useless unless you're bored as shit (soundboards and lame attempts at sub par games) and some themes most of which look retarded and anything worth it, i.e emulators (gba nes ect) cost money anyway, bout 6 bucks or some shit then you gotta hunt for the bois crap...fuck i typed way too much.just do it shit takes 5 minutes youtube it or not its on you...no clue about tethering

in all honesty jailbreaking is very over rated...yea i said it..its ok tho but id be fine either way, all it does is installe cydia which allows another option for an app store, but these apps allow you to customize themes buttons ect the only 2 apps worth the effort are cycorder (again over rated cause its wack) and winterboard which is the only tool iv found to be usefull most apps are free and very useless unless you're bored as shit (soundboards and lame attempts at sub par games) and some themes most of which look retarded and anything worth it, i.e emulators (gba nes ect) cost money anyway, bout 6 bucks or some shit then you gotta hunt for the bois crap...fuck i typed way too much.just do it shit takes 5 minutes youtube it or not its on you...no clue about tethering

iphones capabilities are super limited if you dont jailbreak it. plus you cant use it with other carriers. ive downloaded everything thats in the apple appstore that i wanted through icy without spending a dime. plus i got 400+ roms for genesis, NES, and GBA without spending your $6. theres not really a downside to jailbreak/unlocking it

emulators and roms are free.

cycorder > no cycorder

theres alot of crap apps.

but theres also alot of cool apps to help customize your phone.

make it easier to change brightness without closing apps, making your dock have 5 icons.

• Like 1

yeah i didnt really know how to answer your question, so i got high instead and waited for you to figure it out

also heres something to be aware of

I jailbroke my 3g 16 gig with redsn0w 7, then did it on my friends 8 gig 3g

when it finished the jailbreak on the computer i was left with the hard drive image and text "downloading jailbreak data" for about 15 minutes, then it restrted in recovery mode and i had to restore.

im going to try the pwnage tool for osx next, im reading redsn0w is pretty buggy, and ive noticed some bugs on my 16 gig since i redsnow jailbroke, so imma re jailbreak mine with pwnage as well

yeah i didnt really know how to answer your question, so i got high instead and waited for you to figure it out

also heres something to be aware of

I jailbroke my 3g 16 gig with redsn0w 7, then did it on my friends 8 gig 3g

when it finished the jailbreak on the computer i was left with the hard drive image and text "downloading jailbreak data" for about 15 minutes, then it restrted in recovery mode and i had to restore.

im going to try the pwnage tool for osx next, im reading redsn0w is pretty buggy, and ive noticed some bugs on my 16 gig since i redsnow jailbroke, so imma re jailbreak mine with pwnage as well

i did mine 2 days ago and that happened to me too. redsn0w had an unkown error and crashed on my computer and it had the harddrive flick for 5 mins.. tried it a second time and everything was fine

add

http://cydia.hackulo.us

^ for installous

edit:is the new pwnage only for mac os?