iPhone Applications & Discussion Thread

Pistol

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

my visual voicemail still doesn't work. im about to do the 3.0.1 upgrade now, see if that helps for any reason. if not, its now been a month or more since visual voicemail has worked. my tinfoil hat says to me that they know i am tethering internetz. but who knows whats really wrong with it, apparently they don't either.

IPhone 4.0 coming after summer.

1)Flash player support

2)Quick back option without going to home screen while switching between apps.

3)File browsing and storing

4)Option to attach images, file etc from email app itself.

5)Multiple signature options

6)Manual rotate gesture option

7)Notes app should be more powerful word process (fonts, text size etc)

8)All Grouping of contacts for test message e.g. friend and family groups.

9)App for grouping key social networking sites(for posting universal photos, text to all social networking sites together.

10) Auto spell check in safari browser (like mozilla) when adding text in twitter, facebook leaving comments at blog etc.

11)Build in Flash in camera for night photo shot

12) Front facing camera for video Chat

13) Use cover flow for using multitasking third party apps (limit to 5 apps, not to drain the battery life)

14)Thin quick time player app to run video downloaded from web.

15)Group notification alert or not attended tasks(missed MMS, SMS, PHONE, Chat message, meeting, event etc)on single screen.

I have a question for you Iphone ATT customers. I've been with ATT for 6 years or so and it's time (again) for an upgrade. I can get an Iphone 3gs for $200 from ATT and turn it over for a profit on ebay for around $700 (jailbroken). I will cancel the data plan after one month as it isn't required to keep the phone, only buy it.

Problem is that I have weak service from ATT where I live and I'm considering going with UScellular. Their phones suck, but the signal would be full. My brothers family has UScellular

and I've seen my nephews and brothers signals.

So, question is: Do I make some money and buy an older Iphone for a couple of hundred

or go with the strong signal?

ATT and T-mobile have an agreement, UScellular has one with Verizon or Sprint, I think.

Something I found on a mac forum:

I was getting really terrible 3G service on the iphone. I got the phone on day 1 and paid for the data plan for 2 months. I wanted to get rid of the Data plan as I was not using the data plan on the 3G network but was paying for it. So I took the following steps to get the data plan off the Iphone

1. You'll need another phone besides the iphone.

2. Take the SIM from the IPHONE 3G and put it in the extra phone you have.

3. Call ATT from that extra phone with you Iphone 3g SIM in it.

4. Tell them that you were unhappy with the service and that now since its been more than 30 days You can't return the phone so you sold it to someone but kept your sim card. (They can tell if your calling from Iphone)

5. Now that you don't have the Iphone you would like to take the data plan off.

6. They'll take off the data plan and the visual voice mail since both are built in together. you can still use the other method to retrive your voicemails.

7. Also they asked me for the IMEI of the other phone (phone your calling from) but I decided not to give it to them but telling them that if you take the battery out you'll get disconnected and when they tell you to type somestuff to make it come up on the phone tell them that nothing comes up since we have an active call. SO DO NOT GIVE the IMEI of the phone you are using. (I don't know what that will do but I did not want to give it to them) If anyone does give if please post if you Iphone still works.

8. Also make sure you tell them to block all data to your phone. (Since people want to check out the iphone they usually assume you have data plan and start safari and so you'll get charged pay per use.)

9. Once this is done and the rep confirms that the data plan has been removed and block on data has been put on hang up.

10. Now remove the SIM from the phone you were talking on and put it back in your iphone.

P.S the GPS signal still works. Only the Map doesn't show. So if someone ever develops and app with Maps on your iphone then you're good to go.

I've been using my phone on wifi everywhere in philly. I'm happy that I have a iphone 3g and I don't have to pay the $30.

My buddy did this. He ordered two Iphones for he and his wife, Kept them for a month, canceled data service, sold Iphones on ebay for $1450, bought an HTC Fuze for himself (not sure what he bought his wife), and all is good.