iPhone Applications & Discussion Thread

Pistol

Guest spectr

quick iphone question

So I just jailbroke a first gen 8 gig iphone running os 3.0 with pwnagetool. Everything worked fine, no problems jailbreaking it. One problem once I started using it.

It keeps saying 'could not activate cellular data network: you are not subscribed to a cellular data service' whenever i try to use anything that connects to the internet unless i use a wifi connection.

Anyone got any ideas on how to fix this problem? I actually am subscribed to a unlimited data plan at the moment and have never had this problem with an jailbroken iphone before.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest spectr

I do have a data plan and have tried resetting my settings a few times. I am going to try jailbreaking it all over again except doing a few things different my boy told me to try and hope that works otherwise i am out of ideas.

sharepod is great

i use that for all my ipod transferring needs

also I just jailbroke with redsn0w and installed icy and cydia at the same time and got some dumb error in cydia ...

im teathering my internet right now tho so thats all good, thats mainly what i need

I used windows contacts.

Spectr try resetting your network settings. I had a problem when I tried to hack mms it shut off visual voicemail.

word. i'm having visual voicemail troubles right now. had your same deal, didn't get my messages for like 2 weeks. still trying to get it fixed.

i didn't do anything to use MMS, so i doubt i have your same problem. but i did go into terminal and change some stuff to allow the phone to tether just from network settings rather than needing to use an app. i hope that didn't fuck up my voicemail somehow haha.

GREAT.

Ok I jailbroke with redsn0w, got some dumb error when I installed icy and cydia at the same time, so i rejailbroke and installed icy THRU cydia and am good. Now I am experementing with tethering. First I tried the new Tether.app app from cydia - its a proxy tether that works sufficiently with my new dual core g5 to update all the software including 3rd party apps. Seems about as fast as tethering woks, but only works with safari (tried manual proxy on opera and failed)

I really want to do some torrents so if anyone knows a osx torrent client that works with http/socks proxy let me know

then i tried unlocking the on board 3.0 tether capabilities. Im still trying to get the hang of this method. it seems to be very slow and time out quickly so i scrapped it, but then again i did nothing on the desktop end to make it work, it just did once i flipped the swtch on my network settings

now im about to try iphone modem, which claims to work with any program

just rejailbroked.

trying to remember what I had on here before the 3.0 update.

does anyone remember the app that allows you to touch the taskbar then all the buttons pop up where you can activate/disable 3g, wifi, respring, restart, and adjust the brightness?

anyone else tether their phone?

i moved like a month back, and have been too lazy to get internet set up, so i keep tethering my phone and just using that. my monthly data usage this month is just over 1 GB now haha. i wonder if they would ever say anything? i also read on various forums though that unlimited data is actually capped at 5GB.

i just jailbroke my shit for the first time. my question is, how can i browse apps and such without using my phone (i.e. using the computer then itunes) is it possible?

mainly because i do not have unlimited browsing via iphone, and if so is there any decent sites?

i just jailbroke my shit for the first time. my question is, how can i browse apps and such without using my phone (i.e. using the computer then itunes) is it possible?

mainly because i do not have unlimited browsing via iphone, and if so is there any decent sites?

how do you not have unlimited browsing capability with your phone if you have an iphone? no data plan?

i bought the mlb app for $10 because it said you could watch full live games, wanted to be able to see the rangers play when i wasn't at home. turns out you can't watch teams from your area.. you can get audio though...

this took way too long to type on my ps3