Tony Scott is doing the Warriors remake

earl broclo ESQ

Even worse, people will go see that shit in theatres too.

Then the dumbasses will catch the original warriors on TV and be like "hey the copied that other warriors movie"

happened with sampled music already and now its moving to the movies.

no one can be original anymore.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i took this photo for the "show me your vinyl" thread. if you buy vinyl, i recommend buying this warriors record. it has all the music you want, plus a ton of audio clips including cyrus's speech, the "what we gonna do now..." bit, some bopper reports, and a couple other gems.

100_1272.jpg

original pressing right here....

IMG_5125.jpg

also have some action figures..

This is one of my favoite movies and i first whatched in like the 2nd grade.. Always rented it on Capacitance Electronic Disc man Im old...

• Like 1

Mamerro --i don't know if tim burton could handle the warriors. i don't know why, but i think his mind would end up destroying it. planet of the apes is one example, but charlie and the chocolate factory is yet another. i think taymor has a good idea of artistic design, but at the same time, she might need some restraints. although, if she was to take influence from the original, she probably would do a good job. i just don't know how she would direct something in the action genre.

as much as i think he's overhyped, i'd wonder what robert rodriguez could do with this. that dude would definitely need restraints. i can only picture swan doing backflips and shooting rocket launchers. maybe if he took the integrity of "el mariachi" and put it into this script, it would work.

if anything though, to keep it like the original, give the script to richard donner. he'll keep it campy. wait, is he dead?

i'm willing to bet they're going to use the blue line train... since the director indicated that the movie starts in long beach, and that the warriors make their way north... well the blue line connects downtown l.a. to long beach from north to south. i bet they transfer to the subway (red line) and then make their way to venice beach.

or, "son, you know your book is seven days late, can you count sucka????"

"We've got Liberal Arts students reading books over here and we've got Engineering students checking out books over there. Nobody's wastin' nobody."

Hahahaha

I'm sitting in a room of people thats almost entirely quiet and I literally burst out laughing

I DIDNT READ ALL THE PAGES ON HERE BUT I HEARD THAT HE IS USING REAL GANGS FROM LA...AND THAT THE ONLY SIMLIAR THING IS THAT 1 GANG NEEDS TO GET FROM POINT A TO POINT B....SOME OF THE GANGS WERE BLOODS CRIPS AND I THINK SUR 13 NOT SURE ABOUT THE OTHER GANGS... IT WONT COMPARE TO THE ORIGINAL SO I DONT KNOW Y HE WOULD CALL IT WARRIORS.. BUT I THINK I WOULD STILL CHECK IT OUT CUZ ITS ABOUT GANGS...

Just what am I checking out? /nh

Sorry about that --the image link died.

it's a book called: "Taking the train" it's a historical look at the 70's and 80's train era. i'm about a 150 pages into it now, and it's a pretty extensive look at how NYC officials, press, and public approached the graffiti "problem." as well as an arguement against the negativity that was shed on the artists. it's really well written, like a text book style. i recommend it for anyone who's really interested in that era of NYC, not just the graffiti either. it goes into the "downfall" of urban youth, and the city.

check amazon, if you can't find it, PM me.

That book is amazing.

It does a pretty good job at pointing out how silly the whole "broken windows theory" is.

Which has been the thing that most places fall back on when trying to point out how evil graffiti is.

Also, if you want a REALLY in depth look at the how/why of the way the city, and it's surrounding areas, ended up the way they are.... read this:

powerBroker.jpg

"The most absorbing, detailed, instructive, provocative book ever published about the making and raping of modern New York City and environs and the man who did it, about the hidden plumbing of New York City and State politics over the last half-century, about the force of personality and the nature of political power in a democracy. A monumental work, a political biography and political history of the first magnitude." --Eliot Fremont-Smith, New York

Really, it's a good introduction to the things discussed in "Taking The Train".

It explains just about everything.

• Like 1

That book is amazing.

It does a pretty good job at pointing out how silly the whole "broken windows theory" is.

Which has been the thing that most places fall back on when trying to point out how evil graffiti is.

i'm glad someone else can back me up on "taking the train." i think anyone who is a part of, or follows, graffiti culture, should read this book.

i enjoyed it because i was looking for a book that approached graffiti from a sociological standpoint for quite awhile. i found that reading it, i would be yelling "oh snap!" at the book whenever dude pointed out how laughably stupid a lot of the theories are about how graffiti single-handedly destroys neighborhoods and the city.

seriously though, everyone NEEDS to read "the power broker". it ties into graffiti in that it explains how primarily one man was able to amass so much power that he built nearly every highway/parkway in the city and outlying counties, basically reshaped the city to HIS liking and said "go to hell" to every occupant of the city (with the exceptions of some of it's wealthier neighborhoods).

if you've ever wondered why the BQE avoids brooklyn heights, why the only heated swimming pool in the city is in harlem, why the south bronx was trampled over and torn apart, why every parkway bridge is too low for busses and trucks to pass, why there was no attention paid to the subway system (which led, in turn, to the legendary "deferred maitenence" era....), why the city fell apart in the 70's, and how one person was largely responsible for all of it..... do yourself a favor and read this book. it's over 1000 pages (edited down from an original manuscript of 3000...) but everything in it is pertinent and absolutely amazing.