Car Audio

GucciCondom

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a 2007 Acura TL, I already got the premium sound system and a sub.

So I ended up knowing the dude at the store and he just got these Kenwood 12's in that he says are bad ass and the next best thing besides the Punch's that I couldn't afford. So I got them, a box, an amp and a bunch of wires and misc. shit. Of course they "couldn't install it tonight."

it is really easy to install yourself... you just have to have a little patience. getting the lines from the trunk to the dash/battery are the hardest part. I did all mine myself when i had them in the whip, now my car aint worth the effort. There are a million do it yourself tutorials on the net.

also i agree on the JL audio tip... im not up on all the newest models, but a know that back in the day a JL10W6 was all you really needed. Like would kill someone with two 12s of any other brand no problem....

^^

If you have a big amp, you need a big gauge wire for the positve, which is hard to hide.

People bring in the wire through the door, i dont. I actually go in and make a hole in the firewall where theres nothing there to be damaged.

The ground is easy to install but hard to find. If you dont have a good ground, your amp will cut off.

the remote is easy. it goes up to your stereo.

Stuff like that is easy to install, whats hard is intalling a system to a stock radio, like the navigators, cadilac, etc. Those type of cars have the volume control on the steering wheel.

So I ended up knowing the dude at the store and he just got these Kenwood 12's in that he says are bad ass and the next best thing besides the Punch's that I couldn't afford. So I got them, a box, an amp and a bunch of wires and misc. shit. Of course they "couldn't install it tonight."

damn the brand new ac....i had a 2000 TL, aftermarket systems werent very compatible because of the BOSE system.....i dont know 100% about the new ones though

btw how the hell did a youngn like you get a 35k car?? i had to sell mine to pay off rent and bills and shit...that aint a cheap car note.

you should of saved that money rather then dropping it on subs that tend to blow out within a year.

got two 12" JLW3V3's and a 500watt JL Amp. almost TOO much bass. ALMOST...there can never be enough

Yeah I'm making enough money to afford it right now so I figured "what the hell." It actually helped me out a lot in my steps toward staying away from drugs because now I know that I have a sexy ass whip that needs to be paid off every month in order to keep my credit perfect and I know that I can't go out and buy any stupid shit that wastes a few hundred dollars a month, ya dig? So it's is a little added incentive to save my money for more important things.

I got the system in the trunk and I'm going to ask my boss in a little bit if I can bounce out early, I'm like 98% sure he would let me. Then hopefully it will get done today and I can go out tonight, keeping up with my promise to myself to quit drinking for a while and I'll just smoke L's and try to get some hot little jawn to "take a ride with me" in the whip.

Somehow 12oz always makes a subject thats on my mind........

Which of these should I go with? or what order would you rank them?

http://houston.craigslist.org/ele/535853179.html

http://houston.craigslist.org/ele/534487366.html

http://houston.craigslist.org/ele/532328164.html

http://houston.craigslist.org/ele/530607903.html