Car Audio

GucciCondom

^^ :lol:

i picked me up a new car the other day since i crashed my caddi a while back.

you could go with this set up. its what im planing to do since i dont want any subs in the car. just a nice sound system.

if you're going with a pioneer deck, go with the premiere model. not a big fan of pioneer, i really like the Alpine decks. you could fine tune your sound, like having a built in EQ.

as for speakers, since your not using subs, replace stock speakers in the doors, and rear with some infinity's. they have a really clean and crisp sound, and they sound really clear if you have them turned up real loud, you prob got 5 1/4 in the front doors, or maybe 6 1/2's.

i got 5 1/4's in the door, and 6x9's in the rear.

then just finish it off with a 4 channel amp. since you're not going to be pushing heavy bass. you dont need anything too extreme or too expensive. im planning on using an old Blaupunkt (not sure how you spell it) 4 channel amp. it was cheap, and had it for bout 6 years now. used it only to push two 6x9's and two 6 1/2's in my old car. never gave me a problems, gave me great sound.

you dont really need 3 way speakers in the front. maybe 2 way's and same in the rear. you're not running any bass so you dont need 3 way speakers.

everybody has their own prefrence on car audio. some will tell you this works better, or that works better. i been doing my own car audio since i was 15, im just going by what has worked for me. i've had bad experiences with certain brands, and good ones with other brands.

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

is it worth putting component speakers in the rear and having 3-way speakers in the front?

everybody has their own prefrence on car audio.

Pretty Much.

At home, if you have a surround system, you have to set up the speakers to where all sound waves will hit a center point to accomplish the best sound to the human ear.

In a car, its difficult to find that center point, since you central point is absent.

If you have a 3way speaker system in the front, (my opinion) it will cut off all your other speakers reaching the front.

I have all mine seperate. Highs, mids, and lows.

My tweeters are located on the corners of my windshield. Mids in the doors only. Six By Nines in the middle for the people in the back and two tweeters, and the bass in the back.

My sound is evened out to the front and back. I have all my tones i want to hear and my passengers have all their tones they need to hear.

Buy a EQ or crossover, go with vergudo's suggestion on those infinity speakers, and report back what you bought.

so i ended up getting a pair of 6x9s for free

5oiide.jpg

rockford fosgate fanatic 3-ways

* Sensitivity: 89 dB

* Frequency Response: 40-24,000 Hz

* Recommended RMS Power: 100W

* Peak Power Handling: 200W

* Impedance: 4 ohms

* Titanium Plated Injection Molded Polypropylene Cone

* Butyl Rubber Surround

* Swiveling Polypropylene Tweeter

* Polypropylene Midrange

it's alright that they're 3-ways and a little old. better then what i got right currently

now i need to get an amp and rears still

what's a good and cheap amp that'll power everything nice?

• 1 month later...

My airbags went out on my navi and lost my whole rear suspenpsion.

When the air suspension goes out, the whole car turns into a low-rider. I went driving around with it like that with my music up, shit was laughs lol.

People thinking i had a low-rider navi with a system :lol:

Havent drove it for 4 weeks now, since i cant find the problem yet.

My Cuzin went to the university of Phoenix and took some classes on sound systems i guess (dont know what career it is or the name of the classes he took.)

Anyways, he's a beast when it comes to installing systems and making sub boxes. He will sit down and tell you all the formulas you need to know on how to calculate bass frequencies, density, etc, etc. etc. I learned a few tricks from him and he is always right.

Here is what he has.......

He dynamted his whole navigator.....

l_08f8d792d4543b802d4c3680089b3c61.jpg

He has 4 18'' ascendant audio havocs.....

l_baa7a70515071169d8d3d5ac31c8c7da.jpg

l_2ddb320787c840959727a629f3ccd8c3.jpg

l_f83f70856cd0409f8468e2de175b54b8.jpg

l_14ff626c47da47468fde4ce8ccc43750.jpg

overall, he has sick ass bass, but its all "Clean Bass". His navi is "Rattle Free", so all his bass just travels pretty far and inside the car, shit, you cant even last there for 5 minutes having it load and pounding.

And yes, he has highs and mids too, cuz he goes to competitions and always wins for "Best Quality Sound".