Car Audio

GucciCondom

dang thats a clean setup ^^ ascendant audio for the win. people dont realize how huge those frekin kinetik 2400's are till u see one and try to pick it up in person. as for ur navigator, i dont know what year it is but i have the repair book for 97 to 03. the rear air suspension consists of air springs, air compressor, air line, air spring solenoid, height sensor, and control module. if u say the compressors starts then try looking for leaks check the air hoses. spray everything with soapy water. then check solenoids. and if all else fails check the control module. if its the relay u can steal it from the junkyard. if u have access to one that is.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The compressor only turns on when I bypass the relay, so the relay is bad. Mines a 98. If you have the proccess on how to get to the compressor and taking out the relay let me know.

the relay is located under the front bumper right below the ac compressor. and the air compressor is underneath the washer fluid tank under the hood. thats all i could find. ill keep lookin,

So i just bought a planet audio vx1400d.....i hope it push 2 kicker 15" cvr s to there potential

I have some good news.

I just messaged my relative and he says he will join the 12oz community and spend most of his time here on this forum about audio and give you some pointers and such.

Ill let you know when he comes by and you can pretty much ask him anything about audio.

Wait, you drive a what? An Acura TL?

Some cars have proprietary systems, and Acuras are one of them, especially a higher-end line as the TL.

I have a 93 Acura Legend (predecessor to the TL) with a Bose factory. If I wanted to change components, I'd basically have to rip every single existing component of the system (head unit, door speakers, deck speakers, amp, WIRING) and do it all from scratch. Another thing, the anti-theft is run through the factory headunit, so in theory, it can't leave the car.

I don't know if yours is the same way, but like I said, you could probably add a amp and sub or two using the speaker wire directly from the factory unit (there is a specific name for it, but it slips my mind at the moment) as opposed to a low-level input (stereo) from an aftermarket...

Pretty late but it worked out great.

They laced my subs and amp in with the factory sub etc. and it sounds flawless.

I left the factory unit in there though since it's tuff as fuck and pwns most aftermarket ones.

• 3 weeks later...

from what i read, my navi has a pretty good crossover installed in the passenger side.

Im going to run wires to the crossovers from my small amp and use the stock speakers installed in the navi.

They are Bose speakers, so yeah they are pretty clean. i hate taking apart the doors and be carefull not to break any of the switches. ugh.

ill take pics and see if it is true there is one.

• 3 weeks later...

Im lookin for a clean "sql" budget build

Either four 12s or two 15s

Lookin to spend around 250 - 350 for subs

I wanna keep my amp if i can manage to use it

Its a planet audio vx1400d 1250 rms ...thats wat the birthsheet read

Its goin in a 2000 buick regal

Any help!?

I got this idea once, to put car audio components in my basement as a sound system/home theater kind of thing.

At first I thought I was crazy but I ended up putting a whole shitload of stuff together and it sounds pretty sick.

I'm running a set of Clarion SRS 1686 in their own boxes

They're being powered by a home theatre amp, which puts out 1200w.

Also running a 15" MTX subwoofer, a 12" Distinct Audio subwoofer and the 5" Subwoofer that's attached to the home theatre amp.

Also running 3 speakers that came with the actual home theatre.

I'm running the 15" and the 12" off a toshiba stereo receiver.

I was planning to run it off a car amp but I have no clue how to run that shit in my basement.

tumblr_l00salUp9E1qbvpa3

Not sure if I should post this in here but it's all car audio except it's in my basement (:

• 3 weeks later...