12oz Is Dying (Open It Back Up To The Public)

Seffiks

Will 12oz live  

107 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest shai_hulud

So I raise a valid point and it turns into a brawl. That pretty much signs, seals, and delivers the message I was trying to send.

Except I'm not exactly new to the board now, am I?

MFW, I changed my mind. I just want you to answer ONE- ONE simple question, and I'll just pretend like you aren't here.

Where do you get off calling me out on being a 34 year old man who expresses concern about a forum he enjoys, when you're a 30 year old man who publicly insulted a well-respected member of this community?

Your "apology" wasn't one. You did exactly what I thought you would do, and hid behind a bottle.

As I said, I don't hate anyone here. I would have gladly said, "Hey, that's how the dude feels, pssshhh..." As it is, I think you made a ton of enemies here, and are going to have to get used to people turning their backs on you.

See, I can't fight you on the internet. I wouldn't fight you in person about something that happened online, nor would I call you out in person about anything you said online.

What we CAN do is argue. I can ask you questions and challenge you on your statements and views. I think you pretty much failed to answer any of the questions I asked you, but you chose to call me an "old man" and a "fag" and told me to "write a blog about it" and change my tampon".

That explains none of your points, but it proves that you can't take me in a battle of the wits.

I didn't win, you lost. There's a difference.

Guest shai_hulud

Do you want a hug, RH?

Anyway, it seems like a third of the members of 12 oz. want the board open, but the majority of the people (about 40%) thinks it will be fine as it is.

The "let it die" and "who are you" options are sort of irrelevant to the topic, but that's just my opinion.

I'd like to apologize for letting MFW get to me and being a jerk about it. (MFW, if you read this, that's NOT an apology to you. You might get one if you answer a question or two of mine.) In my defense, I didn't realize he was going to drag Dawood and DAO- two of the LAST people I'd ever want to argue with- into what should have been an A-B conversation.

Although it's unlikely, I hope nothing bad comes of any of this for Dawood or DAO.

So I raise a valid point and it turns into a brawl. That pretty much signs, seals, and delivers the message I was trying to send.

Except I'm not exactly new to the board now, am I?

MFW, I changed my mind. I just want you to answer ONE- ONE simple question, and I'll just pretend like you aren't here.

Where do you get off calling me out on being a 34 year old man who expresses concern about a forum he enjoys, when you're a 30 year old man who publicly insulted a well-respected member of this community?

Your "apology" wasn't one. You did exactly what I thought you would do, and hid behind a bottle.

As I said, I don't hate anyone here. I would have gladly said, "Hey, that's how the dude feels, pssshhh..." As it is, I think you made a ton of enemies here, and are going to have to get used to people turning their backs on you.

See, I can't fight you on the internet. I wouldn't fight you in person about something that happened online, nor would I call you out in person about anything you said online.

What we CAN do is argue. I can ask you questions and challenge you on your statements and views. I think you pretty much failed to answer any of the questions I asked you, but you chose to call me an "old man" and a "fag" and told me to "write a blog about it" and change my tampon".

That explains none of your points, but it proves that you can't take me in a battle of the wits.

I didn't win, you lost. There's a difference.

I'm really not concerned about who hates me on this website, we all say stupid shit every now and then...I said some dumb shit last night, if I lost any e-friends or gained some e-enemies so be it. I've got real friends outside of the web, I'm not going to cry if you give me negative proppers..

I stated that I was drunk last night, I wouldn't exactly call that hiding behind a bottle. I said some rude immature shit I wouldn't have said had I been sober. I apologized to Dawood, if he still has issues with my drunken bullshit, he knows where I live.

That being said, I'm not going to apologize for anything I said to you....I mean afterall, you are a 34 year old dude whining about a messageboard and how it should be run...:lol:

Guest shai_hulud
i dont think that is a valid answer

Precisely. It doesn't account for anything was said or will continue to say on the subject.

Rag on me all you want, but it won't prove a thing I said wrong.

Oh, MFW...if that's the way you behave when you are drinking, you seriously need to consider cutting down on the sauce for your own good. Blaming your behavior on booze does NOT make it okay. It means you have a drinking problem.

I'm not saying that to be a dick. Just give it some thought.

Guest shai_hulud

Yes, it's still going. It got sidetracked, but I'd like to drag it back onto topic.

There used to be threads in Channel 0 that were mostly just conversations with an image or two. LONG threads. Now the long threads all seem to be image threads, with the exception of the tech thread and the Shoot the shit thread. Does that mean that words are going to eventually be trumped by pretty pictures, and we become another 4chan? I hope not.

I didn't do this to bitch about 12 oz. I did it because I know some of you feel the same way me and Mainter do, and aren't afraid to talk about it.

One of the things we noticed is the ever shortening attention span. Which is why I'm bringing it up again.

SHAI and EARL (pg 2) Had some good points....

keeping the site closed is good, but the "hazing" "failthreads" "teh boobz" and all that other junior high type shit is rather gay.

Then again, im not really all that active in ch.0 and have no prop bars....but im gald this thread was made regardless.

Mouth,

Not that I was on my way to your house or anything. I have a life. 5 kids. Run a business, plenty to do, so I wasn't dropping everything to come see you, but it's just not smart to insult someones wife and then give them your number.

I could pay $14.99 to any phone detective site to get your address and come see you or give it to one of my hacker friends to do all types of other dirt to you. I mean, you were giving your number out on myspace too! How do I know? Google.com, so I was on your myspace and saw your big dude lips background,(lol) do you know how much dirt could be done from just that? I'm not going to bother with you because you apologised and I don't have the time, but damn, dude. Be smart. I got crew all up and down the east coast and shit could get real ugly for you. I know you got upset at me because you felt I was talking down to you or whatever but remember that the majority of people you come across are going to treat you exactly how you ask to be treated by your behavior, so If you don't like the way you're being treated then ask yourself if it was YOU being the asshole first. If you don't check yourself, you'll be an asshole your whole life and nobody can help you with that but you.

If you felt I talked down to you, clowned your hand or whatever, my bad, It's all in good fun until you cross the line, You did and you realize it, but you still have to deal with being you.

Guest shai_hulud

I still can't believe he posted his own phone number. That has to be a 12 oz. Prophet first.

I actually wanted to thank MFW, because when I went back and read this thread it reminded me of something.

Smart used to ban people who got out of pocket for anywhere from day to a week and say something like, "That's so you can calm down and think about what you did." Nine times out of ten, that was all it took.

So, my question is...where were the mods when all this shit was going on? I understand they have other things to do, but, MAN...some bullshit happened last night, and as far as I can tell this guy hasn't been banned for it yet.

I didn't break any rules or say anything that hasn't been said before. I mean DAO goes around doing the same shit every night of his life,the only difference between me and him is he's not good at it and no one takes him seriously cause he's such a retard. Didn't take much to get under your skin though...I'm sure you'll see to it that I get banned, seeing how you're still here talkin' bout it 20 hours later...Dont let the party die.

Keep pushin' for that open forum homie, things will be so much better then....Maybe some of those new posters will be nice to you and give a shit about your internet needs :lol:

Mouth,

Not that I was on my way to your house or anything. I have a life. 5 kids. Run a business, plenty to do, so I wasn't dropping everything to come see you, but it's just not smart to insult someones wife and then give them your number.

I could pay $14.99 to any phone detective site to get your address and come see you or give it to one of my hacker friends to do all types of other dirt to you. I mean, you were giving your number out on myspace too! How do I know? Google.com, so I was on your myspace and saw your big dude lips background,(lol) do you know how much dirt could be done from just that? I'm not going to bother with you because you apologised and I don't have the time, but damn, dude. Be smart. I got crew all up and down the east coast and shit could get real ugly for you. I know you got upset at me because you felt I was talking down to you or whatever but remember that the majority of people you come across are going to treat you exactly how you ask to be treated by your behavior, so If you don't like the way you're being treated then ask yourself if it was YOU being the asshole first. If you don't check yourself, you'll be an asshole your whole life and nobody can help you with that but you.

If you felt I talked down to you, clowned your hand or whatever, my bad, It's all in good fun until you cross the line, You did and you realize it, but you still have to deal with being you.

i enjoyed reading this

Archived