The "Your Day in Pies" Photothread (non artistic)

Pistol

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
On 4/22/2023 at 5:34 PM, One Man Banned said:

Holding out on the pix.  I was like what band is this?  Glad that it looks like they went with DLR VH, like the details like Alex's gong.

Noticed they fucked up a detail, the right hand monitor shows a dude playing who is not actually in the concert.  Don't tell me these fuckers are Milli Vanilli-ing their own concert.

Not sure that's all lego.  @Fist 666what's the rules there?  Do you have to be 100% lego or are you allowed to embellish with paint, paper, or other non-lego material?

Running with the devil..........

There are custom stickers and custom printed lego pieces used a lot (I've paid for custom printed ship sails), but all pieces are typically official lego brand brick (no megablox etc). 

• Like 2
  • Truth 1

48 minutes ago, Fist 666 said:

There are custom stickers and custom printed lego pieces used a lot (I've paid for custom printed ship sails), but all pieces are typically official lego brand brick (no megablox etc). 

Follow up question- for those who lego as a lifestyle do you develop an immunity to stepping on pieces, like you've been bit a few times so now it no longer affects you?

• LOL! 3

You'll see stupid shit at conventions where people walk barefoot across piles of it--Like walking on hot coals.

I am always wearing house shoes (my old kitchen clogs, which I refer to as my "lesbian clown shoes" much to my wife's chagrin) in my "lego room" to avoid the potential upset of the experience. 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

^^^^^^

Our 5 de Mayo parade got canceled due to weather. Your pic will bring tears of joy across my face when I tell facebook that "There goes the rides they promised us back home" meme just popped up.

Excellent.

• Like 2
  • Props 1
  • LOL! 1

I buy a colony and drop it in my hive - last year our winter was brutal and as a novice beekeeper I couldn’t sustain the hive. My new bees came last Saturday and I released the Queen into the hive yesterday. 

This is my first sting of the year and way worse than last year. 

0A3994C2-949D-4F28-9CAE-9D1609A26024.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Props 1

9 hours ago, fat ralphy said:

I buy a colony and drop it in my hive - last year our winter was brutal and as a novice beekeeper I couldn’t sustain the hive. My new bees came last Saturday and I released the Queen into the hive yesterday. 

This is my first sting of the year and way worse than last year. 

0A3994C2-949D-4F28-9CAE-9D1609A26024.jpeg

634DF56A-F1A9-4042-BC74-18C632872AC7.jpeg

• LOL! 1

So basically you both cause mass bee casualties?

My shit swells up like that from bees/wasps/hornets, always seems to happen when i'm out on a mission somewhere.  Anyway, you can get some salves that you rub on the sting, seems to keep it from ballooning up like that if you put it on right away.

I was on this island once when I was a kid that had an abandoned radio antenna tower in the center of it. It had a spiral metal staircase up the tower, so of course, my older brother , my friend and I decided to climb the stairs and check it out. We start going up and make it up a ways when my friend screams “Bees!” and they are swarming everywhere. I guess there was a hive under one of the stairs and we disturbed them stepping on it. My friend gets stung twice and in a panic him and I run down the stairs. My brother was leading us and he goes up the stairs. We run to alert some adults of the situation and as I’m running I feel something on the top of my head and I instantly swat it. Of course it’s a bee and I get stung. Meanwhile my bro is super high up this tower trapped with the bee swarm all pissed off. This whole time I think these are killer bees and that we are fucked. It’s a small island, and pretty quick some local dudes go up the tower with torches and rescue bro. We never tried to climb that shit again and I would go back to that place all the time. I was pretty freaked of bees for a long time after that experience.

• Like 4

@LUGRdamn thats crazy - cool story but i see how you would have been traumatized for awhile after that.

@One Man Banned naw bro we are saving the planet, bees are endangered so we need more people to help sustain.

@nicklesndimes I have a secondary honey super - I think I need to wait a bit before I add it to the hive……at least thats what the bee expert dude told me.

• Like 2

One of my buddies had a small hive of Africanized bees that settled in a bush in the far corner of his back yard.

I never experienced Africanized bees before. 

So anyhow, after work I show up to his house, knock on the door and his mom and little brother answered the door with quickness and pulled me in...  I was like, "what's up!?"  "We got killer bees!"  I was like, "what!?"  

So his brother and him, were like, "yeah, we called the county and reported it, so we're just waiting for them to get back with us and who they are going to send out to capture them."   

So in the mean time time while waiting on the county, I was pretty interested because I never seen them before, so I was asking questions about them becuase my buddy and family was locked down in the house.  It was crazy.  So I started asking g question becuase they kept saying these bees do not act like tour typical bee.  They kept saying g the are extremely aggressive and really smart.   

So of course I was, "what do you mean?"   They diceded to show me, but they told me before we go around back, when I say run, Run!  Run straight to the front door and close it!  

I say we got about to where the red line stops

Screenshot_20230505-190603_Maps.thumb.jpg.d7125812f1da2a7c472725e287e6fbd9.jpg

It didn't take long for those be to realize we were there, they stared coming, (they have a different buzz sound), buddy yells, Run!!  We ran back in the door and it was about a few seconds after and the bees knew exactly where we went in and they were pelting the dor and windows trying to get in.  

It was an experience I'll never forget, but very interesting. Africanized bees are very aggressive, you'll know if you com in contact with them.   They fly fast, so if you ever come in contact with them, run, Run for cover, if you're in the wild, I feel bad for you son, but keep running.  These guys don't play around. 

• Like 3
  • Props 2

@fat ralphyit''s all good.  I've researched it a bit for myself but right now I'm a little too close with the bears for it to happen.  Maybe if I set up a small hive in the woods with one of those small electric fences hooked up to a car battery or whatever.

I've stepped on some yellow jacket nests.  Stepped on one at night and I could feel them trying to attack my hoodie and pants.

• Like 2