Abstracts

Bojangles

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I recently cleaned off my desk and started working on an old drawing again. I don't know if it's "abstract" or "absuckt," but I'll post it here when I'm done for some feedback.

Bojangles --I'm only using microns and sharpies for fill. Most of the stuff you post is paint and colors. I'm curious to see what you'd do with pens and one color. You have a lot of movement in your pieces with brush and can, but I think I've only seen your ink and paper work with graffiti lettering. Do you ever work in this format, or are you strictly canvas and paint?

I recently cleaned off my desk and started working on an old drawing again. I don't know if it's "abstract" or "absuckt," but I'll post it here when I'm done for some feedback.

Bojangles --I'm only using microns and sharpies for fill. Most of the stuff you post is paint and colors. I'm curious to see what you'd do with pens and one color. You have a lot of movement in your pieces with brush and can, but I think I've only seen your ink and paper work with graffiti lettering. Do you ever work in this format, or are you strictly canvas and paint?

I have one or two early pieces like that I'm pretty sure. I'll try and dig them up and post them.

*Something like this?

baloonflight.jpg?t=1282658534

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_0121.jpg

tried doing something a bit more abstract for a battle, says scheme, i like it but i think there is too much letter there and not enough abstraction of the forms

has defintely made me think of different ways of doing things and might try starting some stuff on canvas rather than on paper

Nice one, Bo!

Decy... try working without an outline. Meaning... don't outline any of the letters. Use fill color and shapes to convey the letters. You'll find you can still do fairly traditional shapes but without the outline it looks a bit abstracted. And if you abstract the shapes even more, like you have in that sketch, you'll really play tricks on the eye. Cool sketch, by the way.

This may sound silly, but might be a cool idea to maybe start little project on the thread keyword or subject related.

Im always interested/inspired to see how different artists interpret a given word or subject as the results are always stupidly varied.

Maybe a stupid idea but thats my 2 cents.

• Like 1