Vintage Photography

2Blazzed

I find vintage photography ill.Im talking anything from 1950 and back.Maybe its cool too see how the world looked back then,maybe its the old black and white vintage feeling,maybe i dont know what im talking about.Regardless its nice to look at.Post what you got.

New york city.14th Street at Union Square 1930's

14th_street.jpg

Store 1950's n.y.c

general-store.jpg

3rd ave Nyc 1950

3rd20Ave.jpg

5th ave waldoff astoria hotel , 1900 nyc

waldorf.jpg

Battery park nyc 1900

nyc21.jpg

Bishop, 1920's

bishop.jpg

side of road diner,1950's "chili joe's lousy food but clean!"

chili.jpg

Choir boys early 1900's

choir.jpg

Coney island 1953

3balls.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i like the really early stuff, especially portraits. being that everyone had to sit motionless for so long in order for the film to develop properly it give the pictures a lifeless creepy vibe that i enjoy. my dad has a great book of portrait photography from the early part of last century. i need to borrow that thing.

I don't have anything post but i def agree on the awesome factor of old black and white photos. I fucking love it when places (usually pubs or restaurants) have a big black and white photo of what the outside street used to look like a bazillion years ago. I love it.

edit: Rage that thread you linked to is brilliant.

I've posted these before.

But I still like them.

old2.jpg

old4.jpg

old1.jpg

fam2.jpg

fam1.jpg

eo.jpg

Right next to me are literally a dozen old photo albums that I have been sorting through.

I brought all my granny's photos from her house last time I went up to visit.

Maybe later on today I will scan some more.

If the mood strikes.

I need to get a scanner! Blood Fart, according to my mom, those photos of kids sitting on black and white ponies were a common novelty back in the day. My mom has a picture of her on one. Somewhere Ive got a picture of my grandad at a cock fight in Puerto Rico, with other soldiers betting money. Also Ive got a pic somewhere of my grandma and her sisters in Japan posting up on an early 50's model Mazda.

These might not be as interesting to others, but to me they are. It's so weird seeing places you see everyday during a whole different era

6a06160r.jpg

Court square, Springfield, Mass 1909

6a13386r.jpg

Springfield, Mass, panorama 1913

4a24632r.jpg

Springfield, Mass, 1910ish The old armory, which is now STCC

079490pr.jpg

Springfield City Hall, Not sure on the year, newer tho

079495pr.jpg

Also the City Hall

04603r.jpg

"Kibbe's Candy Factory. Joseph Giordano 14 years, Feeding Hills, Mass. Had just received his work certificate and left school. Tended a chocolate machine at $3.50. This was as small a boy as any at Kibbe's. Location: Springfield, Massachusetts." October 1910

380391pr.jpg

Hotel Charles