post your meals photo superpooperthread!!

alure

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tell me some good news Redman!?

IOU: I think you might be the king of eggs on here. I mean seriously, that's just not even fare anymore.

So here's the deal:

I worked in a place, upscale/fine dining, that was probably my favorite job ever. The owners and management were all great people, that's really hard to find in this business. We moved away from there to go to school, I went to culinary and the wife was trying to get into vet school (3 years, no luck...). I graduate in march, and HATE the job I'm working now. The food is amazing, but all the people are shitbags, cocks and nancies.

All That said, the people I used to work for have bought another inn, converted two rooms into a brewery, and are installing a commercial kitchen where the Tiny kitchen is now. The Restaurant will only seat about 35 people, 40 max. I've been talking with them for about a year about coming back as executive chef and making it a gastropub, sausages made in house and all food made from scratch. There isn't an establishment like that in that area, and there are A LOT of heavy drinkers...

I'm going back up there in February to sort of cater a late holiday party, I think the idea is that this will be like a working interview, except that they will be paying me, and paying for the food, and allowing me and the wife to stay in the inn for free for two nights ($400/night!) I think the decision has been made, it's just not official yet.

When it is official, and I have a final opening menu drafted... shit who knows... I might even make a thread about it!

Nice Im glad to see the thread going strong. Ive been slacking lately. quick eats for me like grilled cheese...bleh. Electrical issues in my studio and not cooking is creating a clog in my mind. Tomorrow I want to eat good! Will post up. Glad everyones rockn it.

Congrats Red. And protester props on those eggs. love me some eggs, I should start mixn it up

Finally cooked something outside of grilled cheese and eggs sandwiches tonight...Felt I limited myself by forgetting to get some wine to cook with last night being I live in a dry county...sucks. Forgot Ive been wanting to do a different protein than the usual but I feel into using beef. Really wanting to do hen or duck. In time.

SO! Grilled cut of rib eye. Topped with creamy shitake mushrooms. Sitting over top some dirty mashed red skin potatoes. Caramelized onions and brussels. Crumbled sharp cheddar.

foodgj.jpg

So this goes out to all the foodies. My good friend makes and sells Immersion Circulators for Sous Vide cooking. Hes wanted me to keep up to date with his companies facebook page. Hes going to pay me to get the likes up to 1000. Figured maybe this thread could bring in some followers that would really appreciate his company.

Not trying to push any business or anything just hitting up the right area of the Ontz to help me make some dough.

This is the link if youre interested.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Underground-circulators/198268270231326

Archived