post your meals photo superpooperthread!!

alure

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

This thread just exploded. Good looks all round.

Duck tacos would be delicious, as stated they'd probably be using the maryland cut. Duck is quite cheap here, and readily available, it's considered a high end meal at a restaurant, and people seem to be worried to cook it at home. This reminded me I have to think of something new to do with the kilo of quail breasts I have in the freezer..

This was slow roasted duck with a shiraz sauce. Went good. ( I'm pretty sure I've posted this before, my memory isn't golden these days. )

VDmeT.jpg

Duck is easy to find where I am, especially at the Asian Market, $12-15 a whole duck!!!

3kg of pork belly and not sure what to do with it?!? Take the leanest portions, clean em up and portion into 100g portions, season aggresively, bake lightli, pan sear to finish.

Then, you still got some to roll up and cure for pancetta.

Then you still got the other part to lay in a flat slab and make bacon.

***OR*** it's sausage making time, housemade brats and chorizo as far as the eye can see.

I'd love to go the house made brats with some schnitzel goodness. I could get rid of the three kegs of Dunkel I took off tap.

Truth is, I've honestly never cooked pork belly. I don't really like it, so that's probably why!

Probably won't happen today, but I will let you know how I get on. Cheers for the suggestions.

I have about a 3kg pork belly... not sure what to do with it.

Lechón Kawali Recipe

Recipe from Kulinarya: a Guidebook to Philippine Cuisine

3 cloves garlic, crushed

1 lb pork belly slab

1 bay leaf

1 Tbsp coarse sea salt

Enough water to cover the pork

8 cups peanut or canola oil for deep-frying

The pork belly slab should have an even distribution of meat and fat. Preferably, it should not be thicker than 1-1/2 inches.

Place the pork belly, crushed garlic, bay leaf and sea salt in a pot and fill with water until the pork is completely covered. Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer. Continue to cook for about one hour or until the pork is fork-tender.

Drain the pork. The stock can be saved for future use. Place the pork in a baking tray and let it dry out inside the oven set at 200 degrees F for about one hour. Let it stand to cool.

Heat the canola oil in a wok or a pan. Use enough oil to completely cover the pork slab. Deep-fry the pork with the skin down. Turn the heat to low and fry slowly for 20 to 30 minutes on each side.

For more moist meat, fry the whole slab over high heat for an additional 5 to 10 minutes with the skin side down just before serving. Fish out with a strainer and place on a platter lined with paper towels. Cut into 1- to 2-inch cubes.

For crunchier meat, cut the pork slab into 1- to 2-inch cubes and then deep-fry for an additional 5 to 10 minutes over high heat. Fish out with a strainer and place on a platter lined with paper towels.

• Like 1