post your meals photo superpooperthread!!

alure

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

When Red posts sushi it literally makes me forget about all other food. I want to just become a sushi-terian lol and eat ONLY sushi. Its absolutely amazing. I also wish that all plates could come so wonderfully complex in color.

If it were to really happen you might as well think of me as this guy from Hook

CwFko.jpg

• Like 1

much appreciated everybody, I'd love to get back into it professionally, but i'm a round eye. They don't hire my type in this city.

Here's some more shit.

Shaved kale caeser salad with fennel and radish, herbed crouton crumble

66148_10100593898819098_15396177_n_zps8ef1ab74.jpg

Scotch egg yolk (only), baby kale, pickled red onion, lime juice & lemon zest, paprika oil and dust

64561_10100594076512998_65198963_n_zpsbc7c4f03.jpg

Finally got me some duck breast. I didnt really know what direction I wanted to take so i just ran with it. Trying to plate better. Im a front of the house person but personally I have always loved how things get plated.

Grilled Peach with blue cheese pit. Seared duck breast over top of asparagus with Bourbon Honey Peach Sauce. Shredded Sweet potato hash patties over top of hollandaise with spicy candied pecans and blue cheese.

duck.JPG

Looks pretty good man, just as a general rule nothing should point directly at the customer, especially pointy things, is difficult to eat and for some reason the mind tends to interpret it as a threat, which reduces hunger.

Plating can be related to other shit around here... strong lines and common angles, whips and doodads, contrasting colors, creating dimension with layers, and following gridlines to balance the look.

Season and dress the greens? ikid...

Awesome. Thanks. I will say one of the plating issues I noticed was right as I was laying the duck down. I thought to myself why the hell would the slices lay towards me rather expose themselves away from me. Then hours after I thought why not cross the spears of asparagus or maybe move the peach down a bit to take care of empty space.

Always wanting to keep the pallet different and yet always full of protein, booze, fruit, and butter lol. Like I said Im a FOH person yet I love to ensure possibly good eats of my own when I can, usually days off.

The Ontz keeps me productive,