post your meals photo superpooperthread!!

alure

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always forget if Ive posted some pics before. Oh well.

So basically its a sherry cream sauce with cayene pepper, lumb crab meat, and lobster claw meat.....Benedict style! so good. Didnt have any english muffins so I used some wheat french bread.

photo9jg.jpg

Beer brats with a very oversized bun. I can never find the perfect size...hotdog buns too small....hoagie rolls too big....

photo10u.jpg

Had this out one night, awesome cheese. Red Dragon. Sharp cheddar with mustard seeds. Black berry spice and sage jam went very well.

photo11dx.jpg

You kind of have to say not hating on 12oz because people get their feelings hurt when you offer any type of critique, opinion, or criticism. The fish itself looks fine, and I don't even like fish, it's the rest around it. What is sitting across the top of it all? Looks like a bad piece of bacon.

Its garnished with a salsify chip. This dish is very fall from the ingredients to the presentation. The colors are monochrome because of how fall inspires me. This is the season of hearty greens and root vegetables. Hearty dishes like cassoulet or braised short ribs. Things of that nature. Being a cook I know I can't please everyone and, someone is always gonna have something to say about something. I feel the way I present that dish is exactly how I wanted it to be. My chef even thought it would be a bit blah on the color side. When I rolled it out for him though he changed his mind. Cooking isn't about colorful presentations all the time. It is however always about making sense on a plate. Everything should always be cohesive. To me this dish is completely cohesive with the ingredients to the presentation. Like I said to each there own. Cheers!

That's why this is one of the better threads on the 12. Because people don't take constructive criticism as an attack. Anyone that works in the food game knows about scathing reviews! Even the Fab5 album got put on the shelf...

I would very much like to try the smoked almond puree. The mind wanders when I read that.

It's fucking delicious dude. We get in smoked almonds but, you can easily smoke them yourself. The recipe is as follows:

500g almonds

1000g water

Juice of one lemon approx. 25g

Salt to taste

Procedure:

Take the almonds and water in a medium sauce pan and place over med. heat. Bring to a low simmer and allow to simmer for one hour or until almonds are al dente. Transfer the nuts and cooking liquid into blender and puree until very smooth (you may have to do in two batches adding slight amounts of water if needed.) Once blended pass through a fine mesh sieve or chinois to make sure it's retarded smooth. At this point add the lemon juice and your salt to taste and whisk. Should be slightly acidic, very nutty with a nice flavor of smoke.

Man I came back into some issues with a post. I posted my food and was like oh i see the thread moving a bit thats good. Come into nothing but text, "where are the pics??" I thought lol. Whether my opinion counts or not i agree with farce in what he was trying to achieve. Seeems like at the end of the day everyone was butt hurt over the color.

Keep it rolling!

Ive been eating nothing but the quick and filling...cheapo shiiit as of late.

8196607285_83a639a90d_c.jpg

Been horribly sick the last few days, eaten like one meal. Fell asleep with the Foodnetwork on, woke up to Rachel Ray's screeching voice, saw this then made it. Almost didn't finish it. Carrot Ginger soup topped with fried egg, scallions and sesame oil.. Was good, but I can't taste food properly.

Finally, my bloody internet isn't slowed.

Had a nice meal the other night;

Tempura prawn/ sweet chilli//

hmI6V.jpg

Sashimi tuna/ sushi rice/ Asian omelette/ pickled ginger jam//

CciSH.jpg

Prawns/ wok broth/ mushroom//

BKSI4.jpg

Seared scallop/ presse duck/ snow pea tendril salad//

fV3g2.jpg

Strawberry/Watermelon iced cleanser//

aeLRa.jpg

Venison/ rare roasted beetroot/ beans/ salmon mayonnaise//

sAeCw.jpg

Chocolate trio plate//

VgzuS.jpg

Semifreddo/ Italian meringue/ cured orange/ and what were essentially shortbread biscuits//

N2H3O.jpg

Most enjoyable.

That course could have easily been one piece of tuna, so filling, especially as you say when it's that grade and unsliced. Definitely no knives on the table sharp enough to cut how you'd like it.

The semifreddo was pretty insane. I dug a whole through the bottom of that glass.

Oh and, as per my previous post;

venison backstrap/ potato wedges/ grapefruit/gin/juniper sauce (the sauce is getting there - pretty happy with it)

ofuY5.jpg

Archived