post your meals photo superpooperthread!!

alure

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
^^^

http://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/2005/02/thai_curried_game_hens

i don't know anything about making curry seasoning or paste, i always use the premade stuff, but never the cheap stuff.

thats like going to macdonalds and buying one of their faggot 'gourmet' burgers.

mind you making shit that tastes as good is time consuming and expensive.

thats like going to macdonalds and buying one of their faggot 'gourmet' burgers.

there are some excellent curries out there if you look in the right markets that don't taste like "shit"

• Like 1

That is kind of close minded. Not everything pre-made out there is horrible. Just because something is made from scratch doesnt mean its going to be better.

Premade food where me and Crime.Stopper hale from is pretty much KFC, MickieDees, Hungry Jacks (Burger King) and a couple others. All the photos you guys post from places like In'n'Out and 5Guys etc. etc. look great, seems they use quality ingredients (?), but we just don't have enough people in Australia to support any more chains.

I remember when Nando's first opened up in my city, god damn, I freaked out and ate it for like two weeks solid.

A few businesses outside of the big fast food giants have come down under and failed, most recently we got Krispy Kreme down here (not on my side of the country) and they are warding off going into receivership - going broke!

Shit. I should have flicks for talking but camera is at home.

Suki: It's 7am here and that is making me hungry.

Premade food where me and Crime.Stopper hale from is pretty much KFC, MickieDees, Hungry Jacks (Burger King) and a couple others. All the photos you guys post from places like In'n'Out and 5Guys etc. etc. look great, seems they use quality ingredients (?), but we just don't have enough people in Australia to support any more chains.

I remember when Nando's first opened up in my city, god damn, I freaked out and ate it for like two weeks solid.

A few businesses outside of the big fast food giants have come down under and failed, most recently we got Krispy Kreme down here (not on my side of the country) and they are warding off going into receivership - going broke!

Shit. I should have flicks for talking but camera is at home.

Suki: It's 7am here and that is making me hungry.

My apologies then. I didnt get that you were only pointing at fast food chains which I can understand your point now. I thought you were knocking certain sauces, bases, pastes, powders etc that you can find in certain stores.

Awesome food on this page indeed. I have been so broke lately and havent had time to experiment. A culinary friend of mine was praying to get one of these for Christmas and well after looking into it I cant blame him....holy crap if I had 4gs for this Id jump on it.

pacojet.jpg

Any culinary ontzers out there that have had the privilege to use one?

corny style vid but it gives you the over all

Ima rig my extra rotto zip saw with a freaking blade to get this effect..hahah

i'd take that money and buy a sous vide:

http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=sous+vide&oe=UTF-8&um=1&hl=en&biw=1315&bih=698&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=iw

Remember when krispey Kreme first came here and people would come down from the Sydney airport with boxes upon boxes of the stuff, you'd go into one and there would be a line out the door. Then people realized that they're just donuts and got over it. Consumers are such a sucker for novelty and LOVED the idea that they were onto something exclusive no one knew about yet.

Protester, do you still rate puffin fresh? I remember the passion in your eyes when telling me "these are the only YEAST DONUTS IN PERTH!!"

They went bust back in the dizzay near me. It was a sad, sad day. Donut king kind of filled the void, but nothing like Puffin Fresh. People sleeping in their car for two days for the first drive through KK to open! Haha! Everyone loves a gimmick.

Love the location. You want to give me a refresher PM? I'm mobile in a few weeks and keen to paint /nonfoodtalk.

pacojet is more "cold" yet where sous vide is a perfect cook temp. Either way both systems are amazing. IF in a kitchen of that magnitude I could see the advantages. From a personal stand point the pacojet (unless a rigged contraption) is out of the question where as sous vide can be acquired for less. Still though...unless you cook like mad both devices would not be worth the purchase for home cooking. That was my over all opinion, personally if I had the money Id have all the toys.

you better have a damn home tv show for those machines, or just be ballin hard enough to have a home chef.

I'm seriously considering making a turducken for thanksgiving, but have no experience. Anybody here know how to properly prepare turducken?

I'm doing my own research, of course, but if anyone knows how it would be helpful.

Krispy Kreme opened one store in RI years back, and followed a similar pattern to what you're explaining. They opened and there were lines LITERALLY around the block, with traffic directed by cops and all. A few months later, closed.

Dunkin Donuts is king here, nothing else can survive. Just this week all the Tim Hortons in the state shut down, only lasted a few years

Krispy Kreme opened one store in RI years back, and followed a similar pattern to what you're explaining. They opened and there were lines LITERALLY around the block, with traffic directed by cops and all. A few months later, closed.

Dunkin Donuts is king here, nothing else can survive. Just this week all the Tim Hortons in the state shut down, only lasted a few years

Shit, I didn't realize they were closing in the states? If you can't sell donuts in america you can't sell them anywhere! Why do you think that is? Are people trying to eat healthier?

If you can find me a better fast food burger than Hardees/Carl's Jr, I'll actually call your mother back. And I'm excluding Five Guys/In N Out from this, as they're not really big chains.

And McDonalds' Angus burgers (I'm assuming that's what he meant by gourmet ones) aren't half bad either

Sticking to fastfood chains I did end up buying one of their new burgers. It still reminded me of fast food but left me feeling like I ate something MORE THAN a fastfood burger. On the flip side I think it cost me 9 dollars for the meal and that was with A FREE APPLE PIE ahahha sorry but thats just plain robbery. Fast food is cheap food so it needs to stay cheap.

So I got around to watching Food Inc the other day, great documentary btw. Not saying it wouldnt of happened sooner or later fueled by the greed in this world but IF there were no fast foods in this country our meat and produce industry would not be the way it is today.