post your meals photo superpooperthread!!

alure

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Just do it CALI - if I can make it, anyone can. One thing to be aware of is to recipe it will come out a touch dry, on my second one I made sure the filling was nice and juicy.

yeah, im actually thinking about less shallots and mushrooms and more butter.

also, i was thinking about making some "entre cote cafe de paris" sauce and putting that in there with some extra minced garlic.

since the actual cafe de paris sauce (butter) is actually a guarded secret in a safe somewhere, im thinking of using a modified version of one of these:

http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview/id/196371.html

Just do it CALI - if I can make it, anyone can. One thing to be aware of is to recipe it will come out a touch dry, on my second one I made sure the filling was nice and juicy.

Ill second that. The sandwich was awesome but it did come out a lil dry. Id sear the rib eye to a nice and still juicy med rare. Load up on the mustard and horseraddish. And yes moar butter!

I throw A1 on cheap ass meat (like the crap my mother buys), but I wouldn't put it on anything good.

I remember making Dr. Pepper marinated sirloins (seasoned to perfection with just some salt, pepper, garlic powder, and cinnamon) and getting all kinds of offended when my two Dominican homies doused them in fucking BBQ SAUCE

Ive heard of Dr Pepper marinades but have yet to try it. After I moved I learned of Coca cola chicken. Its like 4 breast of chicken in a baking pan, 1 can of coke, ketchup, and you bake it. No real coke or Ketchup flavor is imparted onto the chicken but the acids from there addition helps really tenderize the chicken. I was hesitant at first but it isnt half bad, and like I said there really is no flavoring that comes from the coke or ketchup.

used some of the inspiration that i got from the dinner i went to last week and made four courses tonight for the fam

1st: celery root panna cotta, dungeness crab salad, shaved celery, tarragon vinaigrette

75850_162854747083524_100000770000169_265883_5050753_n.jpg

2nd: seared scallops, sweet corn, rainbow chard, onion bacon jam, chipotle oil

148191_162854763750189_100000770000169_265884_6249589_n.jpg

3rd: short rib, trio of forest mushrooms, yukon golds, romanesco, bone marrow, black pepper jus

76187_162854777083521_100000770000169_265885_3461405_n.jpg

4th: chocolate butter cake, pumpkin mousse, cranberry coulis

150197_162854723750193_100000770000169_265882_5788668_n.jpg

being as i'm not a pastry cook by anymeans my dessert is kinda lackin as compared to the rest imo but it was still tasty as shit and a lot of fun. cheers!

I do. I use rice, vegetables and garlic marinated beef for my dogs. Make a big ass pot and freeze it for the month.

I do something similar only I use quinoa as the binder (I get it for free) and switch up the meat every week. Both of mine seem much healthier.