post your meals photo superpooperthread!!

alure

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just had pho for the first time, and posted a review of it on my boy's Facebook since he nonstop rants about the shit. I just figured I'd share it here also

"So I finally had the mythical pho. Before I get into whether or not I enjoyed it, I have an observations to make...that restaurant had bigass fish, with bigass brains. They are quite possibly smarter than some small children.

Now, to the pho itself...first thing's first, I didn't realize how large a bowl of pho actually is. I had some spring rolls before it, which I definitely didn't need haha. So when I got it I put in the bean sprouts, lime, and whatever other shit they gave me on that plate. I then added sugar, hot sauce (way too much hot sauce actually, shit made me sweat haha), but I couldn't put that third sauce in, as it tasted like shit.

I didn't use the chopsticks, little white spoon, or even a regular spoon, as they all proved difficult to eat with. I instead opted for a fork, and feel that should be the standard method of eating it haha.

It was pretty good. I'm not a fan of whatever the fuck the long, spindly, octopus tentacle looking shit is that's in it, but other than that it was enjoyable, and even though I was already over my hangover I could see how it would help with that. It's not something I'll be rushing to eat again, but pretty good and I'm glad I FINALLY tried it"

Pho is one of those things that is all over the place, but rarely done very well. When you find that one place that does it right(like anything) it's an eye opener.

a joint down the street from me has the best pho i've had. little independent shop ran by a little old lady and her husband. shit is LEGIT! oh and swamp that spiny lookin shit was probably tripe (cow stomach) i get my pho with everything in it. fat brisket, tendons, tripe, beef and the Vietnamese meat ball. so good. i had it twice this weekend.

Tripe, yes...that is what it was.

The spot I went to came highly recommended by a few Asian friends, so I'm sure it was legit...I guess it's just not my thing. Honestly the only kind of Asian food I like is Chinese (Americanized of course) and Thai, and even on the rare occasion I eat Thai I only get mad simple shit, like pad thai and fried shrimp with peanut sauce.

The shrimp spring rolls with peanut sauce I had first were pretty good, although I just really like peanut sauce.

Archived