whats up with 5 minute commercials?

seeking

lately Mtv has been running these mega long commercials. they're like mini tv shows in the middle of tv shows. its kinda banananas.

there was just one for vitamin water with 50. not only was it an extra long commercial, but they had a 'making of' before it...all in the middle of hollyhood.

shits tripping me out.

seeks/easily tripped out

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
mtv fucking sucks in the first place....

Yup... I checked it a few months ago after not watching for the last 7 or 8 years...

I was rushed to the emergency room when my head almost exploded..

True story..

ICUOner...

What the fuck is america's obsession with this guy...

There isnt an obsession with him its corporate america forcing it down our throats. Seriously...

I loved when a person had to keep putting out good music or else the record company would drop them. Now a days they are like this dude had a hit record. Lets give him his own drink, lets give him his own clothing line based of one of his hooks, lets give him his own cars to market, lets put him in americas face so much they will have no choice but to be familiar with him and like him in some way. Even if it is only because his pink camron'esqe vitamin water is the only thing rich which people will buy...

there was just one for vitamin water with 50. not only was it an extra long commercial, but they had a 'making of' before it...all in the middle of hollyhood.

thats the future of advertising apparently. with dvr and tivo most people are not watching commercials so the new movement in advertising is these "mini programs" during commercial breaks. if your into 50 cent and see a "making of" segment attached to a commercial you are most likely going to stop and watch it...or at least the chances of you watching it are much higher because its not just someone trying to sell you something.

anyway, im guessing your seeing a lot of these on mtv because its a good market to test these ideas as mtv caters to lots and lots of borderline retarded consumers.

p.s. - if i was ever in advertising i would seriously kill myself. physically put a gun in my mouth and kill myself. i cant even come up with a career that is more greedy, worthless and unfulfilling than advertising.

youtube killed the video star

does mtv even play music videos anymore

trl only plays like 30 fuckin seconds of the video... other than that they run date my mom, next or parental control when they dont have anything else to play... yeah it sucks...