UFC & MMA thread

Blaise Pascal

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I agree Carwin lost fair and square. I was psyched to see him drop Lesnar and do that kind of damage but as soon as Carwin landed on top of him and the ground and pound started to slow down I was like uh-oh, don't get careless, finish it right...and he didn't. Maybe he was already gassed. I just wonder if his corner was aware of the danger of it slipping away and what they were yelling at him. I think Carwin had to recognize the danger in time and either erase dude's face with elbows or stand up and walk away and make the ref stand Brock up. But yeah probably a case of punched himself out. Better luck next time.

Leben didn't quit and it paid off, I think he would have lost the decision if he didn't pull out the choke.

Just a random thought, love to see Carwin get back on track by knocking out Roy Nelson.

he didnt want any part of that shit. i hinestly think cain can put him away i thought carwin could but man i guess never being out of the first round played a big part in dudes game. cain has the cardio and has some technical standup. he also comes from a wrestling background . well see how this goes but everyone now knows brock cant stand with anyone

i know this is a lot easier to say from the comfort of my own bedroom, but i think if carwin would of realized he wasnt going to finish brock, and stood him back up while he was still dazed, he might of had a serious chance of putting him away....that would be my advice to cain, if you drop him and he is still defending stand it back up but keep the pressure on....granted that is when brock can dump him on the head and end the fight and have all of us nerds like "d00d why would you let him back up" but hey....i think cain can do it....

and, i dont think akiyama was a let down at all, i think chris leben just put on a hell of a show!

between verdum and leben, i gotta say the triangle choke looks like a fun way to win

akiyama had it in the bag til he got caught.

good fight.

anyone else notice brock did know which side of the body to go to to sink in the choke?

he was about to go to his left then realized shit wouldnt work.

no matter how well brock does in a fight, all you brock haters are gonna discredit him somehow.

and im sorry but if carwin couldnt finish brock, how the fuck is cain going to?

cain is gonna be great and all, but he's not strong enough to beat brock.

im not the hugest leben fan, but that was a great fight. even without the whole twice in two weeks thing. Joe rogan nailed it when he called him a zombie, those dudes were just lurching around, both of them looked out on thier feet in the 2nd.

honestly i think leben should have got the decision(if needed) because he was beating dudes ass from the bottom in the 3rd.

have you seen his post-fight interview? nigga went wild and said he'll beat WANDY.... LOL WUT?

Wandy is one of my all time favorites but he is ?tionable these days dude had some fuckin wars and it has been showing a bit. If Leben fight with the heart of fire like that fight he has a good chance. Fuckin dude has a cast iron dome piece WTF!

MMA is so god damned boring. What ever happened to boxing?! I'm "you mad" about this sport.[/size]

i used to watch boxing all the time, but i cant remember the last time i saw someone get ko'd in boxing. especially on some PPV shit. 12 rounds of hugging. awesome. if youre gonna do that at least let there be the chance someones arm is going to break.

akiyama had it in the bag til he got caught.

good fight.

anyone else notice brock did know which side of the body to go to to sink in the choke?

he was about to go to his left then realized shit wouldnt work.

no matter how well brock does in a fight, all you brock haters are gonna discredit him somehow.

and im sorry but if carwin couldnt finish brock, how the fuck is cain going to?

cain is gonna be great and all, but he's not strong enough to beat brock.

dude cain has a great wrestling background with much more speed in his punches than carwin. he is very much more technical. bro do your homework there is a reason noone wanted to see cain in strikeforce

THATS WHAT IM SAYING BRUH,

HES NOT BIG ENOUGH TO HURT LESNAR STRAIGHT UP.

CARWIN IS A MONSTER

CARDIO OR NOT HE IS WAY WAY WAY STRONGER AND SCARIER OF A STRIKER

AND HE GASSED TRYING.

LESNAR IS A GOOD WRASSSSSSLER (AKA LAY ON SOMEONE AND BEAR HUG A LIMB/HEAD TIL THEY TAP)

CAIN CANT MOVE THAT GIANT FUCKER OFF HIM HAHA

we all know why Lesner sucks, and that 95% of his fan base is salt stain brimmed "WOOOOHOOOOO!!" frat kids. But Im realy hoping Cain has what it takes cuz when Lesner walked into the octagon, he just looks like Giant silver back guerrilla. Hes just massive, and skill doesnt come into play when fighting someone who just lays on you. Thats not skill, and when a person like that somehow manages to beat people like Carwin, or Mir by layin on them and twisting someones wrist till they say uncle, we're talkin about 2nd graders trying to stand up to the 4th grader who stayed back a year out in the school yard. Its just size, not skill anymore. It's constantly gonna be David vs Goliath until theres another Goliath to fight him. you all know this.