UFC & MMA thread

Blaise Pascal

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Fedor should have kept to the stand up game against a top ranked jitz fighter.

Werdum had no problems pulling in the win once Fedor rushed him to the mat, it was probably Werdum's plan to bait Fedor into a ground and pound and tap him out.

I don't have a vid link to the Scott Smith fight but it was good. Spinning heel kick ftw.

smith had a shitty gameplan.

tried to out strike a way better striker, without using and blocking at all.

fedor got caught, its not a big surprise really. werdum faked being rocked and pulled fedor in,

he knew exactly what he was going to do.

fedor will ko him in the rematch.

but i think this will kill the whole brock vs fedor talks.

oh and that white chick took a BEATING! haha.

she was tough as hell though.

its funny how the announcers act like shes at risk of dying from punches from cyborg.

girls cant even knock eachother out haha

Fedor has finally fought a decent fighter for the first time in 5 years and lost. Hmmmm.He was a great fighter, definently one of the best ever, but he hasnt tested himself until now and he got beat. Overeem will beat him as well if Fedor gets the shot.

strikeforce commentating is the fucking WORST. i had to mute that shit several times cause i couldnt take it. even the ring announcer was throwing in tons of excessive bullshit. they are not afraid to milk the fucking clock at those events. bla bla bla motherfuckers.

anyone hear them fuck up saying we are live at the SHANK TAR....:lol: the commentators are fuckin retarded

anyone can be submitted, no one is perfect. but Ill tell you what, not everyone can hit like Fedor.

I think in all honesty, Fedor may have been overwhelmed by all the stupid hype and flying over here to figh thtis guy, that he wanted to just knock him out and get it over with. He was obviously too anxious, anyone can see that. He should have just took his time and it woulda been easy squeezy. You guys act like King Kong got toppled. big deal. Watch, if he dont retire, he will probably come back with fire in his eyes. Sometimes it takes a loss like this to snap out of a boredom induced slum.

p.s. p.s. can anyone with someactual JuJitzu experience explain to me why in those kinds of situations, Fedor couldnt just stand up with the guy on top of him and just body slam him ? when both of your feet are anchored like Feodr was, and Ive seen this type of thing for years now, why not just lift dude up and slam him? is that an illegal move?? or is it just not doable? I know when Ive been in brawls adrenelin kicks in and ive body slammed bigger people then I would have thought I could. And Fedor was sorta in a squatting position to just stand up.

its not illegal, and its doable... but the thing about the triangle choke combined with an armbar is that werdum was cutting off the circulation of fedor's neck while cranking on his arm, dude was choking and pulling on his arm so bad that if fedor even try to get up and slam him, his arm would've either snapped or he would've passed out for trying to pick him up.

he was already losing oxygen as it is, and we know damn well its hard to perform good if you cant breathe, let alone pick up a 200+ lbs man with your head/shoulders.

rampage did it back when he fought in Pride and matt hughes did it in the ufc also, how? i wish i knew, pure heart and power im assuming.

yea but the second you feel the grip tighten and you know youre fucked, just stand up, you hold your breath for the split second anyway. and chances are, if the guy KNOWS hes about to get dropped 5 feet onto his head, theres a good chance he'd jump like a cat and try to wiggle to land safer. and if he dont, youre probably gnna shake him alil enough to wiggle loose. I dunno. just seems odd we dont see more of this.

when you do the powerbomb that rampage did in pride your more than likely going to sink the triangle in further. Rampage knocked the guy out cause they butted heads when he hit the ground. Also werdum is pulling down on his head which makes it extremely hard to posture up.

no kidding, we all did that as kids where you cross your arms and have someone press on your neck, Ive been put to sleep. but if your in a choke, you know its coming and have a good 10- 15 seconds before its tight enough where youre helpless. If you KNOW its coming and gonna get tighter. Stand up b4 that, and drop dude on his skull. SLAM him even

Im sure someone will come here and say "dude, as soon as you try to stand up your like totally asleep dude, its impossible, no one could ever possibly do anything like that,Werdum is the best grappler on earth yatta yatta"