UFC & MMA thread

Blaise Pascal

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I was kinda curious how you get cleared to fight with an open, weeping staph infection. Not a Jardine fan, but that was a BS point deduction. It was clearly an accidental eye-poke, and changed the game for him.

Shalorus kicked Varner in the balls three times tonight, and only lost a point on the second.

Chris Leben comments replacing Wand against Akiyama.-.

Chris Leben has given his thoughts on being asked to step in to face Yoshihiro Akiyama at UFC 116, which will take place just 12 days after his TUF 11 Finale win over Aaron Simpson. The fight with Akiyama will be the co-main event of the evening and will precede a heavyweight title fight between Brock Lesnar and Shane Carwin.

“The UFC called me and they said Wanderlei was hurt and they want me to fight Akiyama. You know, I had a great showing on Saturday night, I left Vegas early, didn’t go out and party, hopped on the first flight home and I got the call the next day,” Leben told BJ Penn.com

“I figured, ‘Hey, I’m still in great shape, I’m not hurt, a couple bumps and bruises but nothing bad’. With this opportunity, there was just no way I could turn down this opportunity it’s just huge,” he added, although Fighters Only has learned that negotiations for him to step in went on until one o’clock this morning.

Leben did admit to turning the bout down at first because “I woke up in the morning, my phone was ringing and I was sore and it doesn’t make sense to take a fight when you’re not prepared and training for it.” However he feels that he has the power to threaten Akiyama whilst at the same time he does not see Akiyama having the power to test his chin.

Leben's gonna get pwnt.