UFC & MMA thread

Blaise Pascal

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I've always liked boxing when i was a little kid, remember my dad being HEATED when he paid 60$ to see a mike tyson fight, then tyson knocked dude out in like under 45seconds...as boxing slowly got put on the backburner i started likein mma after watching some pride dvd's (never really liked ufc durring the chuck liddel being the man era) but here lately i've been watching alot of kickboxing...i must say, some of thoes fools are bad as fuck and should train mma. crocop fights alot of k-1, alistar overeem also. melvin manhouf but if people like badr hari (even thoe he's a dirty fighter) gokhan saki started fighting mma they probably would do very well if they could learn ground game.

that's very true, because it seems like boxing has that same mentality towards mma...that's what makes me stoked that james 'lights out' toney is fighting randy.

that's fucking scary, homeboy uses 10oz gloves, could you imagine him useing lighter quicker mma gloves? if he gets some hits on randy....wooo thats not gonna feel great, even if toney is slightly older. but i bet he still packs a mean ass punch.

Octagon newcomer Todd Brown is likely to replace an injured Thiago Silva against Tim Boetsch in a light heavyweight bout at UFC 117 “Silva vs. Sonnen” on Aug. 7 in Oakland, Calif., Sherdog.com has learned.

Multiple outlets reported on Tuesday that Silva withdrew from the bout with a back injury.

Brown currently rides a five-fight win streak into his promotional debut. In November, Brown earned a second-round technical knockout against Rodney Sleepers at an XXX Extreme Fighting event in South Bend, Ind.

Brown’s sole career defeat came to UFC 91 competitor Josh Hendricks at a NAAFS event in March 2007.

Following a decision loss to Jason Brilz at UFC 96 in March 2009, Boetsch has reeled off three straight wins on the local circuit. In April, the heavy-handed collegiate wrestler scored a 75-second knockout over Reese Shaner at an NAFC show in Wisconsin.