the un official workout thread

podrido

Apparently it doesnt take much to be called a DAOesk douche bag or a hipster these days. You just gotta say weightlifting for the sake of weightlifting is gay, and laugh at four pages of yoga bashing.

HURRR YOU'RE ALL FAGGOTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

But please, continue.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
I'm all for contradicting opinons if they come from legit sources that have nothing to do with new age hipsterism and espousing the benefits of Gaia's role in the universal truth of soy.

You are pretty angry for a yoga enthusiast.

Yeah dude my info is totally legit.

Silk is far superior to regular milk or even muscle milk. Especially the original silk lite. I've tried it all and i wouldnt lie to you. Swear.

I use it every morning on my hemp granola cereal and shelled hemp seeds. Hemp protein is also far superior to any other kind protein.

Humor. DOES YOU UNDERSTAND IT?

That's like dodging a hail of bullets and feeling all bad ass and then getting stung by a bee and dying from an allergic reaction.

basically :lol:

i dont know if yall saw the pic i posted in the rip orry thread of all the white girls laying down on sleeping bags and that one REAL black kid grinning in the background, well thats who got hit by the bike. il find the pic in a second

nevermind, cant find the thread...

I havent given up on this thread. There's still hope.

Today i did an hour of yoga (downward dog and some other gay shit). Then did 20 minutes on an oldschool stationary fixed gear bike. Then went on to working out with two ex football players with similar knee injuries. We all did MMA at one point in our lives so it's nice to work out with people with the same goals, even tho one's pushing on over 200 lbs. Some of the things we did were different so i thought i'd explain one of the best exercises for hamstrings that i've done without putting resistance on the knee:

Dont know the name of the machine, but it's a power rack with the bar integrated into it with hooks so you cant actually drop the bar or lower it unevenly. You know what im talking about. Loaded that thing up with 4x45's and put a bench under it, so you'd squat, sit down at 90 degrees, then bring the bark back up. Did that 10x5. Suuuper intuitive. Felt great.

After that did Couture's complex (Bent Row, Upright Row, Military Press, Good Morning, Split Squat (left/right), thruster, Straight-Legged Deadlift) about five times till i felt woozy and stopped. It really proved that i NEEEEEED to get my cardio way the fuck up before i even think about putting on more weight.

In all weights were about an hour. Then did an hour of swimming. Warmup, worked a little on technique, then swam 3200 yards in 40 minutes. One of the dudes cramped up his hams early on. Who knew the best stretch? This guy. Told him to do this shit right here

Supine%20Hamstring%20Stretch.gif

Today was a good fucking day. Couldn't be happier.

Also, one of the guys im working with smokes a cig and drinks a cup of coffee before weight training. Most badass shit i've ever seen in my life. He's also in pretty fucking good shape. Only when it comes down to serious laps in the pool is it even noticeable.

Headed to crossfit now....last session we got into tabada i believe it is called.

You go high intensity for 20 secs, rest 10..eight sets is one full.

Took 35lb kettle balls and went from squat to raised above head with arms fully extended

Jump squats

Medicine ball 20lb from squat to stand, throw to 10 ft. Line and then catch back into squat

Insane...super sore right now...wondering how im gonna get through the weekend after tonights class.

Headed to crossfit now....last session we got into tabada i believe it is called.

You go high intensity for 20 secs, rest 10..eight sets is one full.

Took 35lb kettle balls and went from squat to raised above head with arms fully extended

Jump squats

Medicine ball 20lb from squat to stand, throw to 10 ft. Line and then catch back into squat

Insane...super sore right now...wondering how im gonna get through the weekend after tonights class.

Have you considered creatine? Really helps recovery.

Caffeine is supposed to increase athletic performance isn't it?

The cigarettes though...scust.

I'M a huge nutritionalist, which makes me a total pussy compared to some 21 year old who's starting the day with a breakfast of champions. Plus he drinks like a fish on the weekends. Goes to show you how much of "health and fitness" is in your head, and you shouldnt underestimate anybody just because they smoke.

That said, there's nothing wrong with coffee or cigs. Caffeine is good in the right doses. It stimulates the brain, muscle receptors, and boots your metabolism. That means you're more alert, you can lift more (because your body is using more muscle fibers), and you'll have better endurance. Your chances of dehydrating and therefor cramping is greatly increased, so make sure you stretch and have your water. Electrolytes will help you retain water in your muscles. Creatine will too, but two things about creatine: Your body produces it naturally and you can get more of it from eating meat, so unless you're an old fart, theres no need to take it. And if you do take it, your body will reduce its natural production. There's nothing sadder than an athlete who comes off supplements and cant keep up with his own normal workouts because his natural systems arent up to spec with his size, weight, etc. and depend on supplements to maintain.