the un official workout thread

podrido

DOMS=delayed onset muscle soreness. Yeah, I think I've got ya since you explained it.

nah i honestly think we run right through soreness. im only sore if i dont run the next day, also after races we run a mile of "cool down" on top of stretching so that completely eliminates any soreness. also, a mile of cool down even if your shuffling at slower then walking pace is the hardest thing to do. if its not hard then you didnt run fast enough in the race

and i fart alot when i run, its funny in a "peloton" because everyone hears it, but nobody knows who it came from

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
I'M DOING IT WRONG.

Fuck this is frustrating.

I workout. I've been working out for at least a few weeks now and I've improved my diet and stayed away from shit food... but I've only showing slightest fucking improvements. Im skinny fat, thin clothes on, all fatboy in the midsection.

I do simple stuff. Pushups, diff workouts with the dumbbells, just started squats and run a couple miles every 3-4 days. My schedule pretty much allows that.

It's off putting as fuck when you feel like you put in work and NOTHING HAPPENS AT ALL.

Fuck, I dunno. All you dudes seem like pros and I have shit knowledge of what I'm doing. I google shit and read.[/color]

I'm with Casek on this one. DON'T GIVE UP or else you might as well pack up, move to New Zealand and find an attractive sheep for your wife. Also don't go LOOKING for results instantly. If you're training ya body should FEEL the improvement, even if it ain't immediately visible. I'd say take a photo of yaself now then avoid the mirror for 6 weeks, if not 8, minimum. Thentake another flick and compare. A watched pot don't boil and looking for insta results ain't gonna work neither.

• Like 2

definitely would have to agree with these Casek and MyWay

STICK TO IT!

youll need to start looking at results but dont worry about that til you can feel them.

you should feel stronger, tighter (nh) and the activity level should snowball.

i didnt get on a scale or look in the mirror other than when brushing my teeth for a pretty good while.

that kinda shit will disappoint you, throw you off mentally when you need to be strong the head to be strong in the body.

look for routines that work out your whole body, if you like weights do that, if you like calesthenics do that if you like running and swimming do that.

just do something, as much as you can, consistently.

Casek probably has plenty of good books to reference

Convict conditioning had some good stuff in it and great exercises

definitely would have to agree with these Casek and MyWay

STICK TO IT!

youll need to start looking at results but dont worry about that til you can feel them.

you should feel stronger, tighter (nh) and the activity level should snowball.

i didnt get on a scale or look in the mirror other than when brushing my teeth for a pretty good while.

that kinda shit will disappoint you, throw you off mentally when you need to be strong the head to be strong in the body.

look for routines that work out your whole body, if you like weights do that, if you like calesthenics do that if you like running and swimming do that.

just do something, as much as you can, consistently.

Casek probably has plenty of good books to reference

Convict conditioning had some good stuff in it and great exercises

I zipped a pack up for him and sent the following:

Starting Strength 2nd edition-Rippetoe

Muscle Revolution-Chad Waterbury

Grip Master's Manual-John Brookfield

Total Anabolism-Musclehack

Fighter Pullup-Pavel

Scrawny To Brawny-Michael Mejida

and a couple more. If any of you are interested in any of those, let me know.

I'd be happy to up 'em for you.

I've come to the conclusion that working out for the sake of working out is by far the gayest thing anyone can do. I dont care if you say you're doing it for function, because if that function is just to work out more, you're still doing it to look good, and that, gentlemen, makes you a woman.

AWW, if you want to feel good about your body, just be good at a fucking sport. Kickboxing will make your core strong, but whatever fat you might have really depends on what you choose to eat.

Working out is great, but please remember, god hates faggots.

Um, what else, why else do dudes work out? To win fights? You know what the trick is to winning fights? Picking fights with weaker faggots. Hows that for impressive? If you're worried about losing fights, dont pick fights with stronger dudes.

Oh by the way yoga is the manliest shit on the planet. Im far stronger from an hour of that shit than the 3.5 hours of other shit i do after.

That has to be one of the more retarded things you've ever said.

There's something about sculpting ones body and taking it to it's potential

of form and function that says "not womanly at all". I think you're confused,

Soup. All that prancing around with your incense burning yoga pal's and then

going out for a frappuccino afterward has made you a dress wearing Polliana.

Women like the strong arms of a man around them. They also like bulging muscles

of a man who can defend them if need be from rabid land sharks, crocosauruses,

and various wild city dwelling TPWF's who listen to The Smith's and ride "fixies".

I find that it is quite satisfying, and I'm sure the rest agree, to pick up 100+ lb's

with no problem and lug it around like a sack of cotton.

Enjoy your estrogen, yoga boy.

That has to be one of the more retarded things you've ever said.

There's something about sculpting ones body and taking it to it's potential

of form and function that says "not womanly at all". I think you're confused,

Soup. All that prancing around with your incense burning yoga pal's and then

going out for a frappuccino afterward has made you a dress wearing Polliana.

Women like the strong arms of a man around them. They also like bulging muscles

of a man who can defend them if need be from rabid land sharks, crocosauruses,

and various wild city dwelling TPWF's who listen to The Smith's and ride "fixies".

I find that it is quite satisfying, and I'm sure the rest agree, to pick up 100+ lb's

with no problem and lug it around like a sack of cotton.

Enjoy your estrogen, yoga boy.

Lifting 100+ lbs? Is that a sport? A competition? Do you and your friends go around lifting things? Do you have the body of a professional 100+ lb lifter? What exactly is it that you are good at, or are you just mancandy? What part of your life is actually easier thanks to all those hours spent in the gym, or have you just made your body big and heavy and more useless?

This kind of shit reminds me of when i knew a dude who was on the cover of muscle and fitness back in the 90's. 6' 2", 205 lbs, completely yolked out. If you tried to match his workout in the gym you'd fucking die before the end of it. Even the guy in those calistenics movies had a hard time keeping up. He worked out 5 hours a day, swam, ran, did all that shit, but put him on a bicycle, in a pool or on a field and he couldn't keep up with a skinny dude like me. And I went through the power lifting phase too. Got to the point where i was leg pressing 800 lbs ten times... or farmer carrying 100 lb dumbells. Only reason why I did that shit is because some other friend in the gym challenged me, which is fucking retarded. Dudes bulk up, lift heavy, never pick up light weights, never stretch, and do other stupid shit because they're insecure and have the body image of a woman. Do you casek, but if you ever realize that nobody gives a shit about what you can do in a gym, dont go committing suicide.

Yoga is not for dudes with insecurity issues, or can bare to be seen without 50 lb dumbbells in each hand. Yoga is for people who want to correct in their bodies all the bullshit they do for all the wrong reasons. And gay dudes. And lots of girls. Basically everyone who isnt Armand Hammer, some dude with a masturbation problem who hardly needs a reason to call someone on the internet a faggot. Moving on.

Lifting 100+ lbs? Is that a sport? A competition? Do you and your friends go around lifting things? Do you have the body of a professional 100+ lb lifter? What exactly is it that you are good at, or are you just mancandy? What part of your life is actually easier thanks to all those hours spent in the gym, or have you just made your body big and heavy and more useless?

This kind of shit reminds me of when i knew a dude who was on the cover of muscle and fitness back in the 90's. 6' 2", 205 lbs, completely yolked out. If you tried to match his workout in the gym you'd fucking die before the end of it. Even the guy in those calistenics movies had a hard time keeping up. He worked out 5 hours a day, swam, ran, did all that shit, but put him on a bicycle, in a pool or on a field and he couldn't keep up with a skinny dude like me. And I went through the power lifting phase too. Got to the point where i was leg pressing 800 lbs ten times... or farmer carrying 100 lb dumbells. Only reason why I did that shit is because some other friend in the gym challenged me, which is fucking retarded. Dudes bulk up, lift heavy, never pick up light weights, never stretch, and do other stupid shit because they're insecure and have the body image of a woman. Do you casek, but if you ever realize that nobody gives a shit about what you can do in a gym, dont go committing suicide.

Yoga is not for dudes with insecurity issues, or can bare to be seen without 50 lb dumbbells in each hand. Yoga is for people who want to correct in their bodies all the bullshit they do for all the wrong reasons. And gay dudes. And lots of girls. Basically everyone who isnt Armand Hammer, some dude with a masturbation problem who hardly needs a reason to call someone on the internet a faggot. Moving on.

Life in general has some pretty heavy things that sometimes you have to pick up and move. It's nice to be able to move them.

My weight is in the 140-145 lbs area. I bounce around that a little. Shooting for 155 or so.

I am by no means "bulky".

You throw a lot of insults around, but can't seem to take them.

Also:

"yoga ith tho great! i get to put on my yoga panths, head down to they gym, and work out with the wreth of the boys. then we all go down to thith great little coffee shop and we

discuth the neweth justin timberlake album and talk about hair coloring! wheeee!"

FO33c.jpg

isnt soup the one with the acorn dick?

also, i work part time at party city. i lift boxes full of candy that weigh ~110 (some guy sued them a while back because the application asked if he could lift ~45 pound boxes, which he said yeah but when they made him lift candy boxes he pulled something and got umad, so they had to weigh the boxes in question)

so yes, lifting heavy objects does come into non yoga attending, silk drinking lives.

He worked out 5 hours a day, swam, ran, did all that shit, but put him on a bicycle, in a pool or on a field and he couldn't keep up with a skinny dude like me.

This makes zero sense.

Got to the point where i was leg pressing 800 lbs ten times... or farmer carrying 100 lb dumbells.

Leg presses are for pussies as are most machine exercises.

Oh by the way yoga is the manliest shit on the planet. Im far stronger from an hour of that shit than the 3.5 hours of other shit i do after.

Keep believing what you read in your quarterly metrosexual zine.