the un official workout thread

podrido

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

im not suggesting smoking as a part of a workout regimin. I'm just saying some athletes smoke and still are serious athletes.... and any form of nutritional elitism is fucking retarded. People should just do what works for them, and respect others for finding their own way.

im not suggesting smoking as a part of a workout regimin. I'm just saying some athletes smoke and still are serious athletes.... and any form of nutritional elitism is fucking retarded. People should just do what works for them, and respect others for finding their own way.

Are you suggesting that cigarettes are part of a nutritional program that I am disparaging?

:lol:

Ive always been confused about the whole Creatine/Protein thing... EXPLAIN NAO PLZ CASEK?

Creatine is a natural substance found in the body. We get it from eating meats.

When you supplement with it, it draws water to the muscles aiding in recovery,

add a bit of strength, and a whole lot of swole to your muscles.

I'm of the opinion that causing sarcoplastic swelling is a benefit because it forces

the fibers to grow, therefore aiding in actually making your muscles larger. This

would be over some time of cycling on and off.

In other news, I just had this bad ass zombie dream. I was on a farm and I had to

drive to town to get something, but it was on a lawn mower b/c nothing else was

available. I had a shotgun and something else on my lap (I can't figure out how

I was driving) but I did get to blast at least one zombie in the face while driving

at 30mph (fast lawn mower) before it all ended.

Yeah, my dreams are fucked up.

I'M a huge nutritionalist, which makes me a total pussy compared to some 21 year old who's starting the day with a breakfast of champions. Plus he drinks like a fish on the weekends. Goes to show you how much of "health and fitness" is in your head, and you shouldnt underestimate anybody just because they smoke.

That said, there's nothing wrong with coffee or cigs. Caffeine is good in the right doses. It stimulates the brain, muscle receptors, and boots your metabolism. That means you're more alert, you can lift more (because your body is using more muscle fibers), and you'll have better endurance. Your chances of dehydrating and therefor cramping is greatly increased, so make sure you stretch and have your water. Electrolytes will help you retain water in your muscles. Creatine will too, but two things about creatine: Your body produces it naturally and you can get more of it from eating meat, so unless you're an old fart, theres no need to take it. And if you do take it, your body will reduce its natural production. There's nothing sadder than an athlete who comes off supplements and cant keep up with his own normal workouts because his natural systems arent up to spec with his size, weight, etc. and depend on supplements to maintain.

I missed this earlier because I pretty much ignore your posts, but this is wrong.

Cigarettes and caffeine leach vitamins from your body. Creatine supplementation is

ok if you cycle it. Your body only reduces production of creatine if you take it for too long

and don't cycle. There's very little evidence that it will completely stop producing it.

Cigarettes and coffee. Jeez.

lololololololol

ok i'll leave the "fact" czeching to you guys. I guess when you're a short bald cripple you need all the supplements and self help pdf files you can get.

Because reading and learning about what you're doing is bad? Yeah, you're probably right.

I should just listen to you and forget about the gains I've made because I'm not going to get anywhere without using a fucking machine to assist me.

/taking up yoga

Dunno why you're pitting yourself against my opinions when i give zero shits about what you've read in a book/wikipedia/product marketing, compared to what i've learned from doing.

If you think you've actually made gains by using creatine, stop taking it for a few months and see what happens. Or if you think you've gained muscle, test your body for fat percentage. Alllllll of it is water.

You think you need that creatine but theres that dude over there starting his day with coffee and cigarettes that's still stronger than you. Not knocking you for what you're doing, just laughing at the funny parts.

Dunno why you're pitting yourself against my opinions when i give zero shits about what you've read in a book/wikipedia/product marketing, compared to what i've learned from doing.

If you think you've actually made gains by using creatine, stop taking it for a few months and see what happens. Or if you think you've gained muscle, test your body for fat percentage. Alllllll of it is water.

You think you need that creatine but theres that dude over there starting his day with coffee and cigarettes that's still stronger than you. Not knocking you for what you're doing, just laughing at the funny parts.

80% of our body is water.

From Convict Conditioning?

I couldn't say from Convict Conditioning.

I incorporated quite a few of the workout's he had in the book but really took away nothing from his philosophy.

I had already been on kind of a weird "I want to do calesthenics and whatever is hard work" routine.

in C.C. there wasn't any dips which I do alllll the time.

swimming, beating up my tire, hitting my heavy/speed/slip bags.

but my homie challenged me the other night drunk and i banged out three hand stand push-up's in front of him his girl and the girly i was flirtin on.

paaaaaaow!

So, i got something from that book, Thanks Casek.

:lol:

I love havin sex, but gettin heads the best.