the un official workout thread

podrido

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Haha, its one page back and he read 20 pages.

*edit, two pages.

I'm an E-tard, no shame in my game, couldn't give a fuck less.

Also went to the driving range with the missus today. Finished my bucket way before she did then proceeded to do chin ups and dips on the bars there while I waited for her. Good times:cool:

am i the only distance runner in here?

im currently hitting 7miles in 80 minutes on the treadmill

this is just from a summer's worth of running

and honestly i speedwalk a lot of it

i was thinking of doing my first marathon next month. i think it's 13 miles.

i don't go out and jog much cuz running on hard asphalt is going to be way harder on my knees and i've had pretty bad injuries in both, left one pretty recently.

im currently hitting 7miles in 80 minutes on the treadmill

this is just from a summer's worth of running

and honestly i speedwalk a lot of it

i was thinking of doing my first marathon next month. i think it's 13 miles.

i don't go out and jog much cuz running on hard asphalt is going to be way harder on my knees and i've had pretty bad injuries in both, left one pretty recently.

my god. 80 minutes on a treadmill?! thats got to be the most boring thing in the world. i can barely stand to run 3 miles on a treadmill, that and for some reason i only get shin splints when i run on treadmills. so i stay away from them.

also, if your going to seriously do a half marathon get used to running on cement. going from treadmill to doing 13 miles on cement will fuck your world up. it will hurt for the first week or so but hopefully youl get adjusted. i went from running on the grass to the pavement and my achilles became "inflamed" but it went away after a while.

just remember, never give up, never give in.

any flat shoes are good for squats deads

but so is barefoot, or with some socks

im excited about tomorrows workout.

what im not excited about is how bad my ripped callus is going to get after this.

Row 1000 meters

15 muscle ups

5 rope climbs

Run 1000 meters

10 muscle ups

5 rope climbs

200 double unders

5 muscle ups

5 rope climbs

31dfoF3cO6L._AA300_.jpg

Anyone know anything about these shoes? I see more and more people at the gym wearing em.

I have some and I run and work out in them, they are awesome. Only thing about running in them is seriously get used to them first and start light. I put them on day one and ran my usual mileage. I got mega blisters and it made my calfs so sore I could barely walk. You run in a different way then in running shoes (mostly land on the balls of your feet, instead of heel-toe) and use different muscles in your legs and ankles, but they really work. Usually i have a soreness after running from an old injury where I tore my arch, running in these no pain at all, they are awesome.

Also make sure you go into the store and get them fitted to you, they are in European sizes and are supposed to fit to your biggest toe. I wear a Euro 42 but got them sized at the store and my size in Fivefingers was 41. So go in and get measured for the best results

Only way to get big gains is to lift heavy, really you need to start working out with a partner

not necessarily, although it doesnt hurt.

there are plenty of huge guys at my gym that lift moderate weight and fail at 8-12 rep range.

lifting is only one element. the main element that decides if you are going to put on muscle or loss weight is your diet

Only way to get big gains is to lift heavy, really you need to start working out with a partner

From what I have been reading, lifting weights that you fail at in 12-15 reps is how to

achieve hypertrophy. Right now I'm shooting for more sarcoplastic fluid in my muscles

to bulk them up a bit. Also eating an assload of protein and calories along with another

creatine cycle.

I do 4 sets of 8 reps with 70% load currently.

As for my workout partner: Dude couldn't hang. He's a flighty motherfucker and didn't

last a week of lifting with me. Now the faggots wife is pregnant, so all he does is drink

beer and complain. Fuck that. I'd assume be working out alone. The rest of my friends

are either lazy fat asses, married, or both.

Side note: Taking a shit is back to being like child birth. Fuuuuuuuuu!

i know a bunch of people who run in those vibrams, if you got mad blister then they might not have been fitted to you correctly, 2 people yesterday bought new pairs and literally took them out of the box for the first time at practice and ran 6 miles in 1m racepace 2m rest intervals the entire way, and said they were fine. i woould have thought theyd have tons of blisters too, because the first time i run in almost any new shoe i get atleast one blister on each foot.

and to everyone posting picture from that movie when i say "never give up, never give in" its from an agnostic front song. not a shitty movie.

i know a bunch of people who run in those vibrams, if you got mad blister then they might not have been fitted to you correctly, 2 people yesterday bought new pairs and literally took them out of the box for the first time at practice and ran 6 miles in 1m racepace 2m rest intervals the entire way, and said they were fine. i woould have thought theyd have tons of blisters too, because the first time i run in almost any new shoe i get atleast one blister on each foot.

and to everyone posting picture from that movie when i say "never give up, never give in" its from an agnostic front song. not a shitty movie.

Nah, they are fitted. I just have mad sweaty feet :lol:

I only got blisters on instep and big toe, taping should help and maybe putting some powder or lube (LOL)

31dfoF3cO6L._AA300_.jpg

Anyone know anything about these shoes? I see more and more people at the gym wearing em.

in my own opinion i think these shoes suck. although they do help with your running form,.but you can do that yourself without these shoes.

the reason i think they suck is, ive seen plenty of athltes running in these and run over a rock and thats it for them. there's not much padding for all terrain running. outside. glass. nails. rocks.

also if you are not running on the balls of your feet with a slight lean forward, then you are running the wrong way. running heel to toe with give you shin splints.

http://www.runningplanet.com/training/toe-ball-heel-foot-strike.html

The rest of my friends

are either lazy fat asses, married, or both.

"I'm just too busy these days, man."

"After work I'm just too tired, br0."

"I got kids, dude."

"I'm getting older, man. I just don't have the energy anymore"

"Everybody gets fat after 30. It's normal, dude."

You know how often I hear this garbage?

peanuts-never-ever-ever-give-up-print-c12205001.jpg

thanks everyone, im on cloud nine hahah. in the past three races ive cut off almost 4 minutes, you can tell im new to racing.

im on the level physically just not mentally :lol:

also keepitrail, 15 for 2 miles is a good time, especially for a new runner. coffee wont hurt you. and do NOT over drink, if you arent peeing clear IT IS OKAY.

well, maybe not if your running in the desert. but for the longest time id keep my piss clear and when i ran id get terrible sloshing in my stomach and id almost always puke up the water.

its normal to get stiches, just run through it. inhale through your nose and exhale out your mouth as much as possible before during and after any cramps/stiches.

edit: time every run you do your self (dont trust times people tell you when your cross the line) and log it on logarun.com youl be impressed at how much

mileage your putting in per week and you can brag about it. also comment on every run, so you can look back on how you felt etc etc

Thanks man. About the coffee guess I didn't mention that about 1 minute in I had to fucking shit everywhere and had to walk half of it! I imagined using it like a

rocket but I couldn't bring myself to do that to the people behind me...

Side note: How many of you smoke/drink?

I smoke maybe 3-4 unfiltered a day, at night when I get home and start drinking. I usually drink about 4-5 beers or equivlent in liquor a night, which sucks because PT is at 6 am.

I WOULD NEVER WEAR THOSE THINGS

EVER.

EVER.

ha... me either

although i am seeing those things pop up everywhere.

i got a pair of asolo boots a few months back at a super sale at a huge outdoor store and those vibram dealies were flying off the shelf.

casek,

despite that lee hayward guy being cheezy, i think he pretty much knows his shit.

i wouldnt be surprised if that approach works. i've heard people talk about similar cycles, although it was more of a 'eat a fuck load of carbs on this heavy training day then eat no carbs on your off day.'

stay in the hypertrophy rep range, but i'd also throw in some heavy sets of 3 or 5 to keep your strength up. i've noticed when i cycle off of a strength type routine onto a more body building style of training my strength drops.

but he is speaking truth when he says you have to bulk up a shit load then cut back to get lean. i've become pretty convinced for most people that arent genetically gifted bulking up big and staying under 10-12% body fat just isnt happening.

Thanks man. About the coffee guess I didn't mention that about 1 minute in I had to fucking shit everywhere and had to walk half of it! I imagined using it like a

rocket but I couldn't bring myself to do that to the people behind me...

Side note: How many of you smoke/drink?

I smoke maybe 3-4 unfiltered a day, at night when I get home and start drinking. I usually drink about 4-5 beers or equivlent in liquor a night, which sucks because PT is at 6 am.

ALWAYS try to take a shit before running, even if you dont have to. also, dont do it right right before, do it like an hour before hand. trust me.

i smoke almost every day, drink almost as much during the week and hit it hard during the weekend. i honestly like when theres a morning race saturday and im still a little drunk. im good on my feet (never rolled an ankle except once when i had ran 8 miles and was so exhausted my legs didnt even care about rocks etc) and my balance/core is good from surfing and cycling so it doesnt effect my running at all. it just makes the first mile go much faster, and it keeps me from being nervous before a race. after the first mile or so i sober up :lol:

only had to do that a few times though.

i honestly dont see any negative effects from smoking when it comes to my running. i think inhaling aerosol is much worse anyways.

ha... me either

although i am seeing those things pop up everywhere.

i got a pair of asolo boots a few months back at a super sale at a huge outdoor store and those vibram dealies were flying off the shelf.

casek,

despite that lee hayward guy being cheezy, i think he pretty much knows his shit.

i wouldnt be surprised if that approach works. i've heard people talk about similar cycles, although it was more of a 'eat a fuck load of carbs on this heavy training day then eat no carbs on your off day.'

stay in the hypertrophy rep range, but i'd also throw in some heavy sets of 3 or 5 to keep your strength up. i've noticed when i cycle off of a strength type routine onto a more body building style of training my strength drops.

but he is speaking truth when he says you have to bulk up a shit load then cut back to get lean. i've become pretty convinced for most people that arent genetically gifted bulking up big and staying under 10-12% body fat just isnt happening.

I'm trying so hard to get over this 140lb hump and stay over it. Just went out and bought

some more whey protein to knock a few more grams of protein into my system.

Thanks for the tip on strength. I will start doing a day of heavy to keep my shit in check.

btw: I'm guessing at my weight. I won't weight myself until November.

so i just got back from this

Row 1000 meters

15 muscle ups

5 rope climbs 30'

Run 1000 meters

10 muscle ups

5 rope climbs 30'

200 double unders

5 muscle ups

5 rope climbs 30'

i had to scale the muscle ups, with 3 45# bumper plates under my feet

and the last 5 rope climbs i scaled down to 15 climbs from the ground to standing.

42:22

my forearms are killing me