the un official workout thread

podrido

i could never break 175 when it came to squats. this was before running and cycling though.

i always just chalked it up to being 6 foot tall

Don't feel bad, I've got pins/rods in my left leg from a femur break. I can't

squat with any serious amount of weight without my leg getting inflamed and

causing the pimp limp to come out.

It's not as cool as it sounds.

I have to stick to bodyweight squats. Other than that, I can deadlift heavy with

virtually no problems.

Good news is that my cousin is marrying a personal trainer with his own gym. Just

opened it a couple of weeks ago. I'm gonna use the cousin clause and make him

give me muscle milk at a steep discount.

Way to go podrido. How the fuck are you still small when you're busting out workouts

like that?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

oh shit, that sucks man. ive been lucky to never have anything that serious happen to me.

ive never been a big believer in these supplements etc, il take vitamins but thats about as far as i go. i think if you eat right you wont need it, and i cant imagine your meant to live off of supplements etc.

edit: found a reason why im glad im not top seven on my team. this saturday they are racing a 5k on a course thats a steep downhill for the first mile, a mile long turn, and then the last mile is right up the hill they went down. FUCK that. its not the long climb, its the descent at the start that will burn your legs. id love to race a flat for 2 miles and uphill the last, its so easy to pass people on climbs and that moral boost is what you need to finish strong.

oh shit, that sucks man. ive been lucky to never have anything that serious happen to me.

ive never been a big believer in these supplements etc, il take vitamins but thats about as far as i go. i think if you eat right you wont need it, and i cant imagine your meant to live off of supplements etc.

edit: found a reason why im glad im not top seven on my team. this saturday they are racing a 5k on a course thats a steep downhill for the first mile, a mile long turn, and then the last mile is right up the hill they went down. FUCK that. its not the long climb, its the descent at the start that will burn your legs. id love to race a flat for 2 miles and uphill the last, its so easy to pass people on climbs and that moral boost is what you need to finish strong.

Some supplements work. It's definitely hard as hell to cram 150 or so grams of protein in

your mouth in one day, hence my use of protein shakes.

oh i know it is, but do you really need that much? obviously you do if you want your body to run like a car, but i dont think the human body is meant to be like that. i understand it probably works better for your body, and if your competing at a national/worldwide level fuck yeah you better be eating PERFECTLY. but i believe in a body being able to adapt and work on what its got, if i listen to it and give it what it wants, i think it will serve me good. and so far it has. i know i need to eat a heathy meal atleast an hour (no sooner) before a race, and i need to keep my urine at a barely yellow color (if its clear im over hydrating and il be puking water after the run, and my stomach will slosh during the run and that SUCKS) and il perform just as well as il need to.

oh i know it is, but do you really need that much? obviously you do if you want your body to run like a car, but i dont think the human body is meant to be like that. i understand it probably works better for your body, and if your competing at a national/worldwide level fuck yeah you better be eating PERFECTLY. but i believe in a body being able to adapt and work on what its got, if i listen to it and give it what it wants, i think it will serve me good. and so far it has. i know i need to eat a heathy meal atleast an hour (no sooner) before a race, and i need to keep my urine at a barely yellow color (if its clear im over hydrating and il be puking water after the run, and my stomach will slosh during the run and that SUCKS) and il perform just as well as il need to.

Our goals are different. I'm trying to gain muscle mass and you're going for speed.

Don't know if you've caught me saying it in here, but I'm about 140 and 5'5. I'm trying

to add about 20 pounds of fat and muscle.

Our goals are different. I'm trying to gain muscle mass and you're going for speed.

Don't know if you've caught me saying it in here, but I'm about 140 and 5'5. I'm trying

to add about 20 pounds of fat and muscle.

oh. hahaha well go get that most valuable customer status at the china buffet son!

headed to crossfit shortly...

i have dropped 20lbs in the last month.

How much do you weigh?

That's a heap of weight.

Nice work.

I stalled out at 175 for some reason.

Been eating well and working out like twice a day for a spell and it's not budging.

Maybe I'm supposed to be this weight or I need to do some interval junk.

So thanks to errbody for the encouragement a few pages back when I was getting really out of it but I seemingly started the Soup vs the world snowball. Oh well.

So one thing that's been really pissing me off is that I get sleepy halfway thru a workout. Like literally sleepy where I close my eyes and just want to lay out. I don't know what the hell is happening. I usually push thru it but I don't get a whole lot done after. PISSING ME OFF.

Problem? My diet? Horrible endurance?

My diet is literally a poor mans diet because quite frankly... I'm financially inept.

Mornings are a can of tuna and a banana, turkey burger or a few eggs n bacon. Afternoon ramen soup or sandwich of PB&J/tuna or lunchmeat. Dinner ramen/turkey burger/tuna or whatever my parents are cooking when I drop by for food. This has been what I've eating/afford for at least a month since I lost my second job.

5'10" 159lbs, skinnyfat type build. Goal is to build muscle, nothing special just wanna feel solid as a whole.

Thanks in advance.

I'm thinking your diet is what it is.

Looking at what you listed, there isn't much fat or carbohydrates in that at all.

That's where the fuel comes from.

Ramen is more or less empty calories if it is instant ramen with no vegetables added.

Tuna doesn't have much fat in it, does it?

Lunchmeat can be pretty lean depending on what kind you are eating.

Turkey burgers are lean.

The eggs and bacon are on point.

Figure out your lean muscle mass and your daily caloric needs.

Eat a gram of protein per pound of lean muscle mass every day (or 1.5).

Eat the rest of your calories in carbs and fat and tweak it depending on how you feel.

Eat as clean as you can eat whenever possible.

Take out the empty carbs (ramen) and get yourself some whole wheat bread and spaghetti. It's usually the same price.

Eat a decent meal 2 hours before you workout that includes protein and maybe eat some fruit about 20-30 minutes before you go to the gym or just a small snack, just so your body has fuel when you're working out. Do some cardio after your weight training. There's no way you can be tired if you're doing cardio. Maybe switch up your workout too... try new shit...do reps/sets faster... don't go to the gym after 8ish..

Listen to your body, these are just tips, do what works for you.

So thanks to errbody for the encouragement a few pages back when I was getting really out of it but I seemingly started the Soup vs the world snowball. Oh well.

So one thing that's been really pissing me off is that I get sleepy halfway thru a workout. Like literally sleepy where I close my eyes and just want to lay out. I don't know what the hell is happening. I usually push thru it but I don't get a whole lot done after. PISSING ME OFF.

Problem? My diet? Horrible endurance?

My diet is literally a poor mans diet because quite frankly... I'm financially inept.

Mornings are a can of tuna and a banana, turkey burger or a few eggs n bacon. Afternoon ramen soup or sandwich of PB&J/tuna or lunchmeat. Dinner ramen/turkey burger/tuna or whatever my parents are cooking when I drop by for food. This has been what I've eating/afford for at least a month since I lost my second job.

5'10" 159lbs, skinnyfat type build. Goal is to build muscle, nothing special just wanna feel solid as a whole.

Thanks in advance.[/color]

I have the same problem, but for me its cause I wake up early work all day then work out in the evening, I usually gulp down a energy drink or drink some NO-EXPLODE to get the get up and go to pump out my work out.

But for you it looks like diet, you cant put regular unleaded gas into a corvette and expect it to preform at its peak. Try adding healthy foods in your diet, beans and brown rice is a pretty cheap and inexpensive meal, and you are getting proteins and carbs that you need to get through the day

AWW you're not in bad shape at all. Your BMI is completely normal.

If you're skinny/fat, you likely have the cardiovasular system of a skinny person who's having a hard time at the gym because it's trying to move a fat person around. No-Explode is nitric oxide, which helps with bloodflow. THe only problem with taking it (aside from it being hellof expensive) is it's a supplement. If your cardiovascular system is up to spec you shouldnt need supplements to keep going.

You're not under/overweight so i dont think there's a problem with what you're eating. You just need to ride a bike or run or swim more. Lets put it this way, if you only have an hour in the gym, your best bet is to spend that hour doing cardio.

If you want nutritional advice for lethargy in the gym, caffeine. Even a cup of tea will help metabolize whatever you ate and keep you going in the gym. Nitric oxide works too, but you don't need it, unless i guess you're completely demoralized in the gym and need a shortcut. With that respect, you could buy some shit like anabolic halo which puts all the bcaa's efa's creatine nitric oxide into a dummyproof mixture. I used that shit and gained 20 lbs of muscle in 2 months. Downside was my cardiovascular system STILL sucked, and NOW there was 20 more pounds of me that needed blood, so you'll just have the same fucking problem, just further down the road.

Also if you're on any sort of meds that could be slowing your heartrate down, (i think benzos and antidepressants do that shit) that might be the problem.

You're not under/overweight so i dont think there's a problem with what you're eating. You just need to ride a bike or run or swim more. Lets put it this way, if you only have an hour in the gym, your best bet is to spend that hour doing cardio.

He wants to gain muscle, not turn into a skinnier bag of skin.

LIFT WEIGHTS.

I used that shit and gained 20 lbs of muscle in 2 months.

No you didn't.

Umad. yeah i did. Fatass.

If you're losing weight, eat more. Duh. Still need to get that cardiovascular system in shape.

And seriously, it's not what you eat. Well it is, but it isnt. The 1950's Tour De France riders were chugging along on wine, cheese and salami the whole fucking time-- on shittier bikes and roads I might add. AND They also smoked and did speedballs during the race. If you're watching carbs thats cus youse a bitch. lolololol