the un official workout thread

podrido

Dont know the name of the machine, but it's a power rack with the bar integrated into it with hooks so you cant actually drop the bar or lower it unevenly. You know what im talking about. Loaded that thing up with 4x45's and put a bench under it, so you'd squat, sit down at 90 degrees, then bring the bark back up. Did that 10x5. Suuuper intuitive. Felt great.

sorry man... but smith machine squats just justified everything gasfacevictim has said about you.

and a bench doesnt put you at parallel unless you are 7' tall. if this were the case squatters would not squat onto a box, they would just squat onto a bench.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Injured myself in may and haven't lifted since. Going to start up soon. I'm expecting my lifts to have shot down, horribly. I damaged my rotator cuff on my right arm. Old maxes were, Bench: 255, Squat: 225x10 Deadlift: 375. I'll see what they are at within the next week, i'm not expecting them to be good, so i'm going to max then start a 5/3/1 routine. Those maxes were done at around 150lbs and now i'm 148lbs.

AOD, Hahaha another hella internetsy argument in this thread. Box, bench... The difference is focus, which you apparently didnt read in the paragraph above the quote. Anything below 90 degrees makes my knee snapcracklepop.

you arent even squatting.

you are bending your knees on a smith machine.

if you cant get parallel (sitting onto a bench does not equal parallel) because of your knees, you need to work that out first. and a smith machine isnt helping matters. widen your stance, get off the smith machine, and stick your ass back as far as you can. you squat with your ass, hams, glutes... not quads. the only people complaining of knee problems when squatting are people that dont know how to squat. period.

Thats weird, because my hams and glutes are pretty sore right now... so i must've been squatting with my quads :rolleyes:...

AOD you're rambling about proper squatting technique that isnt any different than what you do on a smith machine. Feet shoulder length apart, Resting weight on heels, not toes, unless you're deliberately working on the quads etc... You'd know this if you were speaking from experience and not just some internerd who reads a lot.

Lol what's my squat max? I've never said it, because im not a faggot who gives a shit about bragging about maxes on a fucking forum. Where do you people get this shit?

Thats weird, because my hams and glutes are pretty sore right now... so i must've been squatting with my quads :rolleyes:...

AOD you're rambling about proper squatting technique that isnt any different than what you do on a smith machine. Feet shoulder length apart, Resting weight on heels, not toes, unless you're deliberately working on the quads etc... You'd know this if you were speaking from experience and not just some internerd who reads a lot.

Lol what's my squat max? I've never said it, because im not a faggot who gives a shit about bragging about maxes on a fucking forum. Where do you people get this shit?

do squat contests happen on smith machines? (wait, you didnt even know the name of the machine, but anway...) do you see guys squatting any decent weight with their feet shoulder fucking width apart? if your feet are shoulder width apart, you are mostly using your quads.

if you actually think that squatting on a smith machine and on a monolift or squat rack is the same, i just dont know what to tell you. you should just probably stick to yoga.

so lets recap... you didnt even know what a smith machine was called. you think that keeping your legs shoulder with apart is the proper way to squat. you think a bench puts you "90 deg" yet you cant perform a proper depth squat because your knees hurt, most likely from squatting like an idiot asking for injury on a smith machine.

the reason why i know this? because i had knee problems, low back problems and lower quad aches from using a smith machine and listening to guys like you. once i learned proper technique, i havent had an ache in 2-3 years.

Ok AOD you've convinced me what i was doing in the gym yesterday never happened. My legs werent at 90 degrees. My feet werent shoulder length apart. Both of my knees and lower back hurt and instantly were blown out. Oh and my legs are on backwards so my hams are actually my quads and my quads are actually my hams. And the people I was squatting with definitely havent been doing squats for football for the last six years.

Congrats on your 2-3 years without injury btw.

i just sent the memo out to the entire power/olympic lifting community that Soup has spoken on the squat issue. they are now changing all the traditional training styles to smith machines, shoulder width stances, dime plates under their heels, and sitting on benches while using the smith machine. new squat world record will now take place from these new improved stances. guaranteed.

from

0.jpg

to

smithmachine.jpg