songs you threw up on

JambaJuice

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Re: songs you grew up on

mostly classic rock.......

but also

kriss kross-totally krossed out

kid n play-aint gonna hurt nobody

posotive k-gotta man

run dmc-down with the king

outkast-players ball

skee lo-i wish

big l-mvp and others

bone thugs-for the love of $

wu tang-all of it...

others i cant think of

you didn't grow up very long ago.

i guess there are some of those things that are important to me, but i consider "grew up on" to only go to like sophomore year of high school. but uh... if we're going to have a long time span, these are in rough chronological order, starting from when i was a small child:

michael jackson, curtis mayfield, CCR, B-52s

run-dmc, naughty by nature, digital underground, public enemy, krs-one, weird al, arrested development, salt n pepa, tlc (when they were still hip-hop), fresh prince & dj jazzy jeff (fuck will smith)

kris kross, mc hammer, vanilla ice, tag team, young mc, wreckx n efx, coolio (shut up, you know you listened to all this shit too)... probably paula abdul and some other shit i can't remember. ace of base, heh.

dr. dre, snoop, crucial conflict, do or die, (tung) twista, bone thugs n harmony (are you starting to be able to tell i'm from the midwest?) delinquent habits, cypress hill, timbaland/magoo/missy/aaliyah/ginuwine, tupac...

green day, weezer, nirvana, smashing pumpkins, (old) metallica, soundgarden, stone temple pilots, ween, offspring, elastica, breeders, red hot chili peppers, fishbone, no doubt ....whatever other early 90s alt rock you can think of.

invisibl skratch piklz, coldcut, roni size/reprazent, jurassic 5, beat junkies, organized konfusion, dj krush, dj shadow, dj craze, kid koala, relm, space travelers/bullitt proof scratch hamsters...this is when i started getting back into hip-hop (mostly dj shit) since p. diddy ruined it for me after biggie died and he took over with a bunch of bullshit.

dead kennedys, operation ivy, spazz, ancient chinese secret, the skatalites, 7 seconds, link 80, choking victim/leftover crack, suicide machines, u.s. bombs, local bands ...this is when i went to high school and befriended ze punks, but when they mostly still listened to beginner-punk bands.

atmosphere, cannibal ox, el-p, company flow, dilated peoples, older wu-tang and nas, local underground hip-hop (esp. CES Cru), aesop rock, anticon, ... when the backpacker shit first popped off, i was going bananas for it...

since then i haven't really listened to much new stuff that i would consider all that great. actually there's a couple pop stars right now (lil wayne, timbo's gotten even better, dipset for being awful in the best way possible, sleepy brown) that i like better than most of the other shit i find out about..

Middle School:

Maxwell Murder - Rancid

Knowledge - Operation Ivy

High School:

Killa Whale - Andre Nickatina

Rest in Piss - Brotha Lynch

Captain Save A Hoe - E-40

Freebird, Stevie Ray's Little Wing, and Stairway to Heaven...mostly Little Wing

Now I listen to too much music to really say. It varies from month to month, last year I was bumpin old Too $hort almost exclusively, then after about a month I was on a huge dose of Bob Dylan.