the truth about Sublime

hatetown

I've been listening to Sublime since i was a kid and i always thought they were a pothead band. even though they'd throw in something about cookin up crack, or tweakin, or shooting up, i just thought it was just something they sang about, not actually dead (yes, i know he OD'd on heroin). so i guess you could conclude they were smack addicts. well, i thought this up until last weekend. me, my girlfriend, and my homey took some acid and watched the new sublime dvd that just came out. after watching the interviews, and some of the music videos, we came to the conclusion that these guys above anything were some straight up meth heads...dope fiends! if you dont believe me, watch the STP music video..bradley puts lip balm in his nostrils, and if you look closely, you can see them crushing up meth with a drill...and what about all the random peopel who are missing teeth and look like they've been up for days.. brad looks real fucked up, and eric is wearing a neon orange jacket, etc... in one of the interviews, they said that when they aren't touring or recording, they really dont hang out with each other and they are prone to doing bad stuff...if you go and listen to Robbin' the Hood or Second Hand Smoke, or really any album, they always throw in something about tweaking or how "we dont want plastic" (crack).

Now mind you, I'm not saying that this made them bad people, I'm just saying that these dudes were some straight up dope fiend tweakers. And does anybody realize that Bradley knew that one day after he was gone, that peopel would be listening to his music for a certain purpose? What are most people doing when they listen to Sublime?? Getting fucked up. Bradley knew this. This man was a motherfucking genious no doubt. Its ironic because those Sublime as a name for the band and if you listen carefully to their songs, they have a lot of subliminal messages about doin drugs. To quote Bradley "I live with no fear". His overall message is that he nor anybody should be afraid of being a junkie.

anyways, RIP Bradley Nowell...you made doin drugs something to be proud about.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Who would have thought that a man who od'd on heroin could have been doing other drugs as well??? Even though Brad died, the remaining members of the band are still making great music.....a feat I think would be impossible if they were really doing as much meth as u stated. Regardless, u dont need to watch the special feature dvd on acid to realize Sublime didn't only smoke bud and drink 4deez.......

listen to Cisco Kid on Robbin the Hood.

This thread just reminded me of a warped tour i went to years ago. sublime was one of the headliners and were on the main stage. sick of it all (right around when scratch the surface came out. 94?) was on the smaller stage. as soon as SOIA went on 90% of the crowd watching sublime ran over to watch sick of it all. Lou threw his hands up with a big smile on his face and was waving the crowd to keep coming over.

It was actually pretty funny to watch.

• Like 1

I've been listening to Sublime since i was a kid and i always thought they were a pothead band. even though they'd throw in something about cookin up crack, or tweakin, or shooting up, i just thought it was just something they sang about, not actually dead (yes, i know he OD'd on heroin). so i guess you could conclude they were smack addicts. well, i thought this up until last weekend. me, my girlfriend, and my homey took some acid and watched the new sublime dvd that just came out. after watching the interviews, and some of the music videos, we came to the conclusion that these guys above anything were some straight up meth heads...dope fiends! if you dont believe me, watch the STP music video..bradley puts lip balm in his nostrils, and if you look closely, you can see them crushing up meth with a drill...and what about all the random peopel who are missing teeth and look like they've been up for days.. brad looks real fucked up, and eric is wearing a neon orange jacket, etc... in one of the interviews, they said that when they aren't touring or recording, they really dont hang out with each other and they are prone to doing bad stuff...if you go and listen to Robbin' the Hood or Second Hand Smoke, or really any album, they always throw in something about tweaking or how "we dont want plastic" (crack).

Now mind you, I'm not saying that this made them bad people, I'm just saying that these dudes were some straight up dope fiend tweakers. And does anybody realize that Bradley knew that one day after he was gone, that peopel would be listening to his music for a certain purpose? What are most people doing when they listen to Sublime?? Getting fucked up. Bradley knew this. This man was a motherfucking genious no doubt. Its ironic because those Sublime as a name for the band and if you listen carefully to their songs, they have a lot of subliminal messages about doin drugs. To quote Bradley "I live with no fear". His overall message is that he nor anybody should be afraid of being a junkie.

anyways, RIP Bradley Nowell...you made doin drugs something to be proud about.

"A mind is a terrible thing to waste"...Sublime just falls into the same patterns of young rockstars who livwe on the fast lane.

so wait a second... you're saying that this rock band... who's singer died of a heroin overdose... the band had a drug problem??? a rock band? and they were addicted to meth???

thank god you had that insightful acid trip and unlocked this wild mystery and shared it with all of us.

i wonder if there are more rock bands out there that have problems with drugs????

^no shit.

for some people, taking acid is wreckless fun where you do dumb shit like throw knives into ceiling fans, get blowjobs from random library nerd-chicks at your friend's house at 6 in the morning, fuck girls in the ass in church parking lots or invent new ways to use a toaster, tennis ball and harmonica in a really fun game.

this guy traveled to the "spiritual unknown" to realize a dope fiend had a dope problem.

that's fucked up.