Graffiti's effect on paint manufacturers

Lew Blum

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rusto is not going to make all the PT/AA cans male... it'd kill sales. Even when you consider racking losses, lots of paint gets sold. Most is not to writers, contrary to writer belief, because there's simply a gazillion more people painting that odd bookshelf than there is writers, period. Anyway, if you notice, a lot of the PT/AA colors are still female, usually the more boring looking colors. They're still nice. The more bold colors seem to converted to that male cap now, but not all of 'em.

Painter's Touch is the only line of spray paint that has that "comfort tip" offered. The reason being that a lot of homeowners/weekend warriors use this line of paint (other than writers) and commented on the valve system not being "easy to use". So rest assured gentlemen, we must say goodbye to the wonderful colours such as Berry Pink *sniff* Spa Blue, and various other colours that save this (not so-shitty) line. I'm sure we'll get over it with the female cap system and such. Good news is the other Rusto lines WILL NOT have the same valve system set-up as Painters Touch. And remember the motto for those who never hit the Lotto..."In Rusto, We Trusto"

...there's simply a gazillion more people painting that odd bookshelf than there is writers, period.

seriously, some of you are delusional.

in the greater detroit area (where i'm from) there are more home depots than there are writers. someone is buying all that paint, and it's not us. i have no fucking clue what people use it on, but it isn't graff.

there are already alot of euro female caps. i suppose i might need to invest in some one of these days.

your mom sucks...

MAH BALLZ!

that'd be tough since she passed away on Thanksgiving from a very shitty lung cancer induced death, leaving 6 kids and a husband behind, though you couldn't have known that.

anyway, home depot seems to be carrying the female painter's touch, while Lowe's is carrying certain AA colors in female version, mostly a color line similar to painter's touch. the AA line must sell better, because almost all of the colors they added are PT colors in AA wrappers with female caps. one of my boys works at AC MOORE, he says that the new paint shipments coming in are also female cap cans, which also sucks, like your mom jokes.

last time I was in mexico, it was a bitch finding decent paint..a lot of their shit uses female caps.

The question someone should pose is: When, if ever, will the euro companies figure out a political

strategy to get their product into (mainstream) american stores? I mean, the paint is just as good as, if not

superior to most american brands (rusto excluded)..you'd think that marketing the shit would be

a breeze, provided they could figure out how to disassociate themselves from graf, of course.

*edit: the day I can walk into home depot or michael's and rack a can of belton will be a definite highlight.

last time I was in mexico, it was a bitch finding decent paint..a lot of their shit uses female caps.

The question someone should pose is: When, if ever, will the euro companies figure out a political

strategy to get their product into (mainstream) american stores? I mean, the paint is just as good as, if not

superior to most american brands (rusto excluded)..you'd think that marketing the shit would be

a breeze, provided they could figure out how to disassociate themselves from graf, of course.

*edit: the day I can walk into home depot or michael's and rack a can of belton will be a definite highlight.

ive heard pearl paint distributes belton.

the majority of the european paint that gets into other countries is usually distributed by a small group of people. if they were to sell it mainstream the businesses would just skip over the middle man and go directly to the euro companies. thus it will be awhile before you see belton or montana in a hardware store.

ive heard pearl paint distributes belton.

the majority of the european paint that gets into other countries is usually distributed by a small group of people. if they were to sell it mainstream the businesses would just skip over the middle man and go directly to the euro companies. thus it will be awhile before you see belton or montana in a hardware store.

All the more reason, wouldn't you think? With little to no advertisement, they've

already developed a cult following here..if they went about it the right way, I think some of

these companies would definitely be able to compete with the major brands.

But then, opinions are like assholes, right?