children of men.

.coma

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen a movie that clever and meticulous in detail in a long ass time. So many people were hired to develop so much shit that's entirely irrelevant to the movie: The billboards, the radio, the "zen music," small little realistic things you have to pay attention to notice and yet aren't necessary to convey the storyline (however add to the richness and realism of the film) like the scene where a deer is dicking around in an abandoned classroom, knocks something off a table, scares itself and gets the fuck out of there with it's tail between it's legs. The movie never focuses on it but when you see it you laugh because you know you've seen an animal or a child do this and the realism hits home, but you never expected to see put in a sci fi movie.

everything in this movie is subtle and doesn't rely on catchprases or POP culture references or a hollywood bubblegum or gothic reality to encapsulate the masses of moviegoers into the 'children of war' world perspective. Because of this, you can bet this movie will become a classic while people forget about fight club, matrix, gangster films, etc...

Don't sleep on it.

I really liked the fact they DIDN'T explain everything. It leaves room for all sorts of interpretations...hence......

....THOUGHT PROVOKING.

But I am curious.....what did you want explained?

i wanna know why those dudes who were originally trying to save the chick went 180 and then attacked her and everyone else. i liked parts of this movie, don't get me wrong it was enjoyablke. i just expected more for some reason.

I first saw a preview for this 6 months ago and was hyped to see it.

Then the "professional" reviews began appearing 2 months ago, and they all dumped on this film.

I was planning on skipping it, but now that at least a few of you like it, maybe I'll see it.

Crap... I don't know, I only see 1 movie about every 18 months.. I think I'll wait for Smokin' Aces instead.

i liked this movie a lot, but the ending.......... hmmmmmm.

anyway, people have different veiws on a scary movie. satan, possessed lil girls, haunted houses, whatever. they don't phase me........ but shit like CHILDREN OF MEN scares me. a government that passes out suicide kits?? fucking sad. the movie was beautifully made. the pregnant girl could of had better acting. the "handheld" camera parts at the end were beautiful. the story and concept - good, the ending - ok. but just the film itself - very good.

this movie was awesome. the iconography alone was pretty great for the statements it was putting out. obvious sure, but needed in the public sphere nonetheless.

i didnt understand the comparisons to bladerunner from the previews, if anything it looked more 12 monkey's style film to me. but i eventually realized it was the pacing and the distance the film creates from its main character.

micheal kane was hilarious in this movie.

i enjoyed the movie, but the ending left e kinda...what the eff thats it?

i kinda agree. i mean i understood it all but i wasnt totally convinced that the girl and baby were safe. but i really liked the movie as a whole, i will see it again soon.

this movie was awesome. the iconography alone was pretty great for the statements it was putting out. obvious sure, but needed in the public sphere nonetheless.

i didnt understand the comparisons to bladerunner from the previews, if anything it looked more 12 monkey's style film to me. but i eventually realized it was the pacing and the distance the film creates from its main character.

micheal kane was hilarious in this movie.

*michael caine