children of men.

.coma

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Children of Men

Stanley Kubrick never made a movie with action cinematography like that. You can't compare the psychology of Clockwork or the Shining to the realism of this movie. Parts of Children of Men had me walking out saying to myself "Damn, I am not a clever person."

As an English person, this movie is fucking awesome.

As a movie fan, this movie is fucking awesome. That handheld section at the end when they are chasing him around and the blood splats on the lens. Fuck, theoretically, that must have been a 1000' magazine on that camera, handheld, running around chasing him, what a fucking hard days work, AND I betit wasn't just one take. (movie cameras are heavy and 1000' magazines are even heavier)

I did cringe at the banksy though, but maybe thats because I'm a Londoner.

As an English person, this movie is fucking awesome.

As a movie fan, this movie is fucking awesome. That handheld section at the end when they are chasing him around and the blood splats on the lens. Fuck, theoretically, that must have been a 1000' magazine on that camera, handheld, running around chasing him, what a fucking hard days work, AND I betit wasn't just one take. (movie cameras are heavy and 1000' magazines are even heavier)

I did cringe at the banksy though, but maybe thats because I'm a Londoner.

that was the highlight of the film... the handheld scenes at the end.

i thought the writing was bad. like establishing the most basic plot background through heavy-handed dialogue...; there's nearly no development of the characters, and the most interesting one, the pregnant girl, is entirely neglected. Michael Caine as the aging hippy comic relief doesn't suit the heavyness of the story, but somehow he's the only compelling character... Cuaron is definitely a very good director, though.

all the reviews ive seen on it were mixed.. but the ratings were high.. i mean there were reviews like,

"highly unlikely/impossible events that take place in the future... blah blah blah" but that person still gave it a rating in the 90 percentile.

out of all the movies that have come out lately, this is a good one finally.

I didn't feel like starting a thread on this, but I really wanted to talk about this movie on 12oz

I saw this with my homie

when this movie was done, i looked over and said to my boy

"THAT IS THE BEST FUCKING MOVIE I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE, EVER!!!"

and my boy said that he agreed

Point being

THIS IS THE BEST MOVIE I HAVE EVER SEEN, EVER!!!!!!!

GO SEE THIS SHIT NOW!!!!!!!!!

---------------------------

Inkhead and Roper

------------------

I went with this cute black chick tonight who suprised me by pulling out a flask of tequila 5 mins into it...yeah!

Anyways, it is a very well done movie I have to say. The cinematogrpahy is excellent and there are a lot of nail biting moments that had me pretty much yelling "AAAA GO GO GO GO!!! AAAHHH!" which was okay because so was my date and the rest of theater.

That part where they have to jump start the car being one of them.

State sponsored suicide, war torn refugee camps, nazi/abu ghraib/homeland security overtones abound, real spooky "the end is near" vibe overall.

Clive Owens is my new favorite actor. The guy is amazing. Can;t wait to see him in Sin City 2

I really do not know how the fuck 1988 tried to draw a correlation between this and Kubricks films. Maybe a dash of Full Metal Jacket (the scary ass firefight in the refugee camp) but other than that......uh, i am drawing a blank.

So yes, go see this in the theater. A very very good movie which will feel worth having paid ten dollars for.

this movie was ok.

it could have been so much better if they actually explained certain things.

they made it out to be this thought provoking groundbreaking movie but all it really turned out to be was an action thriller with a dreary backdrop. i was disappointed. it was entertaining but they dropped the ball on the story.

babel was better.

it wasnt anything i havent seen, the cinematography was great, not alot of gore (didnt expect there to be), not alot of plot, good story but not much beyond that.... i think it could have been done alot better.. equal amount of thought provoking stuff as action, you cant say the movie was balanced it was an action movie masked as a sundance movie..