Real jobs.

En Sabah Nur

there might be a thread about this but i have no idea how i'd search for it.

any of you have "careers"?

i just graduated with a sociology degree that i believe is probably completely worthless. i'm thinking about applying to be a cop just because i'd be the worst cop ever and get fired for letting everyone go.

i'm also looking at working with juvenile offenders (in which case i'd tell them all what a great job they're doing of causing chaos) or maybe teaching if i feel like getting certified.

i think i'd rather start a business, though. either a venue or a designer toy store.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
i have what could be turned into a career, but im quitting next spring or summer, sellin the house, moving to fl and ima try out flippin houses for a little bit.... i do graphic design on the side, and even though its not full time its still frustrating as hell dealin with peoples shitty ideas....

co-sign X 1000000000000000000000000000000000

there might be a thread about this but i have no idea how i'd search for it.

any of you have "careers"?

i just graduated with a sociology degree that i believe is probably completely worthless. i'm thinking about applying to be a cop just because i'd be the worst cop ever and get fired for letting everyone go.

i'm also looking at working with juvenile offenders (in which case i'd tell them all what a great job they're doing of causing chaos) or maybe teaching if i feel like getting certified.

i think i'd rather start a business, though. either a venue or a designer toy store.

I did 4 years of college, and got a BA in Psych. I could have started out making about as much as I would have with a high school diploma, so I went back to school. Now I'm in my last year of school and making $30+ an hour as an intern.

If you're going to open your own business, open something easy. Open a chain store, make some money and then venture out into something more risky. Many first time business owners start off with something too unique to find a sustainable niche.

My communications degree really paid off.

I just got hired for a position doing a mix of marketing, PR and database management...really decent salary/benefits.... i'm happy.

I'll be working at this business for a year and a half, then move to Japan to teach english for a year or two, then move back and start working towards a house.

But it was 100% work to get where I am....wasn;t just handed to me. Lot's of interviews, false starts and hungry nights.

I make atleast $10K more than any of my friends who went through college. I'm very fortunate and very grateful mind you. Sales is where I started and did really well, so now I'm in management. To move up in a significant way before I'm 30 will require a college degree, I better get on it to keep above the "double standard" (making more than twice your age)...

After watching The Wire, I thought it might be fun to be a detective. A friend of mine is going far in the biology field, he said that he'd like to start a lab and hire a bunch of non-science types to do the work. I think that is an excellent idea. Right now, I'm making close to minimum wage with no benefits and I'm hoping to catch a break one of these days.

I am a house nigger.

I was planning on switching over and being a house wife.

But it looks like that is hitting the back burner for a little bit.

I started looking for a second job tonight.

Stressed to the point of tears.

Money is my enemy.

It's real crap though, the job search deal.

Not because of my criminal history.

Not because of my neck and hand tattoos.

But because I have to find work that pays under the table.

I don't want to fuk up my mom's section 8 and get her kicked out of her house, by having my income reported to the IRS.

I think I am going to do some tub and counter-top refinishing with my brother for a while.

And various other types of labor work for pals who are contractors.

I am not above breaking a sweat or waking up with sore muscles.

It lets me know I am alive.

All will work out in the end.

But for right now, stress is consuming me.