how can black comedians be so funny, yet black comedy movies be so bad?

seeking

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

chris rock is hillarious. dave chappelle is hillarious. martin' date=' all those kings of comedy dudes. there are a shit load of intelligent, funny black comedians. why the hell arent they making movies? why are we getting bullshit like 'booty call' and 'white chicks'?!.[/quote']

Dude, have you seen Dave Chappelle's Block Party (btw, my friend was in that movie, he was a lil bit outta focus when Dave Chappelle was playing basketball) that movie blew chunks yo. It was basically a movie about music, but all of Dave's uncensored jokes were like korny to da max.

But its true, I never noticed that movies starring black people jus ain't funny. Only one that comes to mind is Medea's Family Reunion (seriously, some of that shit had my diein laughin in da theaters, even though the whole love story was cheesy as fuck), and thats only cuz it was an intelligent comedy, it wasn't about like ganstas and the likes.

silly white people..

like every black movie is supposed to be good.. the same criteria doesnt exist for 'white' movies..

quit being gay..

people make lame ass movies because investors are banking for returns...

good 'black' movies are funny..just like good 'white' movies are funny.. and per capita.. there have been more .. bad 'white movies..overall..

youre generalization is lame..

quit holding the bar so whack.. theyre capitalists.

hate on capitalists..making whack ass ethnic oriented movies.

-lame.

I saw the worst of the worst. Its called 100 kilos starring Glen Plumber. OG bobby johnson. You know when that one kid at a party starts trying to freestyle and shit is god awful and makes no sense? This movie was the same way. Its worth owning but only if its a buck or two

I hear they are making one last friday movie with the original cast. I'll watch it. Oh and all about the benjamins was funny too. Paper chase was good. The breaks was funny. Soul plane was funnier than i thought it would be.

any movie made by master p is worth getting. For real. The last don. Master p plays an italian. his craftmanship is beautiful.