the "i dont want to go to work today" thread

T.T Boy

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by tsuifuku@Mar 15 2006, 09:07 PM

WEAPON X SIR: HOLLER AT ME ABOUT ROSETTA STONE, I GOT THAT JOINT WITH LIKE 50 LANGUAGES, IT WORKS OK, SOMETHINGS I DONT LIKE ABOUT IT: IT DOESNT TELL YOU EXACTLY WHAT a word means, it just gives you a good idea, if you have any questions, holler at me about it.

Oh, for real, eh?

I've been thinking about the getting the German one.

So it seems like it doesn't teach teach you, but teaches you enough to get by if you were to visit the country?

Have you gone far in any of the programs? I really know nothing about it, but I would rather buy the legit one than a pirate one so I could get the text books and writing assignments and stuff.

Does it teach you to read, or is it just mostly verbal type shit.

I hope you get this, as PMs don't work.

Originally posted by ARCEL+Mar 15 2006, 11:12 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ARCEL - Mar 15 2006, 11:12 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-alure@Mar 15 2006, 07:20 PM

yeah i cant stand my job either..

some ladie told me to shove it up my ass sideways and hung on me..

i called her back

haha, did you forget the empathy statement?

[/b]

I actually got fired telemarketing. I really suck at sales. It's hard for me to sell a product I don't believe in. People would start complaining and I would agree with them. Yeah I hate telemarketers too! lol whoops. Forgot what I was doing for a minute.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

I'm actually pretty pumped to work today. Might be cause I get to use Flash all day and I fucking love it.

The three red bulls I've had so far may have something to do with it as well.

Oh, for real, eh?

I've been thinking about the getting the German one.

So it seems like it doesn't teach teach you, but teaches you enough to get by if you were to visit the country?

Have you gone far in any of the programs? I really know nothing about it, but I would rather buy the legit one than a pirate one so I could get the text books and writing assignments and stuff.

Does it teach you to read, or is it just mostly verbal type shit.

I hope you get this, as PMs don't work.

I havent got too far myself, so far i've just been repeating lessons so it really sticks in my head, I've been doing the arabic one.

It does teach you how to read as well.

Basically how it works is it will show you four pictures, and tell you what all off the pictures are called, then it will show you one picture and you have to match it up with the word the program said. THey have different things for pronounciation, writing, and listening.

Its a quality program, but I still wouldnt pay $195 for it.

HOLLER.

In the back of National Geographic, they sell Level 1 for $195, Level 2 for $225, but you can get them both combined for $300 (NatGeo discount).

Either way, my computer surely can't run this shit. I gotta get on that. And if you think about it, 3 bills ain't that bad, considering you're learning a whole language. It beats tons of nightschool.

your computer probably can run it, i think i'm only pushing like 1.2 GHZ with 1gb of ram

the program itself uses the macromedia shockwave/flash engine thing...

languages i have:

i got the german language disks as well, you should check it out, i think the best thing to do would be to use the program, along with those CDs/Tapes of conversational (insert language here)

The problem with arabic for me is the pronounciation.

Any time i learn something i go to the Algerians i work with and they help me through it, heh, eventually i'm sure they'll want to charge me for lessons...

Originally posted by tsuifuku@Mar 16 2006, 04:34 PM

your computer probably can run it, i think i'm only pushing like 1.2 GHZ with 1gb of ram

the program itself uses the macromedia shockwave/flash engine thing...

languages i have:

i got the german language disks as well, you should check it out, i think the best thing to do would be to use the program, along with those CDs/Tapes of conversational (insert language here)

The problem with arabic for me is the pronounciation.

Any time i learn something i go to the Algerians i work with and they help me through it, heh, eventually i'm sure they'll want to charge me for lessons...

533 MhZ, 128 RAM. lol

Good idea, though, on the combining it with those conversational tapes. So how and why did you get so many languages?

And Punch Drunk, I wanna be an astronaut.

Originally posted by Schnitzel@Mar 16 2006, 10:45 PM

so hungover i can't see

already thrown up my bacon sandwich in the toilet at work.

i hate getting way drunk at work functions a

nd trying to tune the ugliest girl in my industry in front of about 4 people from work!

fucking shit day it's on;py 9.45

Hahaha. I would have fucking died if I was working yesterday. Threw my chicken curry up at midday and then woke up at 4.30 pm..

I'm at work now. Can't complain