Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest fr8lover

FINAL 4 ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT EPISODES

Guest fr8lover

i thought the final 4 episodes were the perfect ending...everything was tied up perfectly. when anyang showed up on the ship, i literally died laughing. george jr's wedding, the "nellie" business, buster's final moment with the yellow tied seal, gob hooking up with anne...it was genius.

im kinda drunk so i cant really go into detail, but i wanted to see what other people thought.

It made me laugh tonight.

N.Bluth's work ethics were awesome.

Rumour has it hbo or showcase is negotiating to keep it on the air?

you know, i used to hate that show. my girlfriend swore it was a great show and the jokes were a lot funnier if you watch it in order. i guess i did because she was so adamant about it, but i like the show a lot now.

��������++===++-;..++���___+����������������������������������������������===+_

well i think it was one of the best shows of recent history.

but its no doubt the shows that require a lil attention and smarts to appreciate doesnt go over well with the normal TV crowd.

i watched it for the first time last night and loved it. its funny....fox has a real knack for canceling shows with a solid fan base. republicans really cant do anything right....

...scratch that. i forgot about poverty.

it was so funny

i sad there ending it

i like how anns dad had the cult

"he said that fossils were buried by the jews in the 1920's"

hahahah

i doubt that even if HBO puts up an offer to continue the show.. the whole cast would carry over.. theyre better off getting the ron howard and the writer to just pitch a new show with the same feel and possibly some of the same actors... in interviews theysaid it would be kind of inevitable.

I LOLed all over myself.

I hope NBC gets it and puts it on Thursdays with My Name Is Earl and The Office.

Guest ctrl+alt+del

i didnt get to see all of the first episode, so im looking for a torrent of them. if anyone finds one let me know.

Originally posted by harvey wallbanger@Feb 11 2006, 01:11 PM

HBO said no way.

good for them. as funny as it is running that show next to curb would make it look like a shitheap.

Guest fr8lover
Originally posted by harvey wallbanger@Feb 11 2006, 06:11 PM

HBO said no way. Showtime said maybe, though.

what sucks now is that the writers are going to seriously write that show out of a hole. the last episode was amazing, but it completely tied everything up and ended the whole series in a pretty complete sort of way.

I watched this show once and there was so much advertising in it I never watched it again.

These fools said burger king at least 10 times in the episode I saw.

No thanks, I hate comercials.

Originally posted by Your Moms New Boyfriend@Feb 11 2006, 08:49 AM

worst show ever

innit.

seriously, not funny, not clever. pure shite.

the reason that fox cancelled this show was,

"america wasn't ready for it yet"

its going to become that cult classic that everyone wished they watched.

Originally posted by Your Moms New Boyfriend@Feb 11 2006, 04:49 AM

worst show ever

Word. I couldn't sit through an episode in the three times I saw it. The characters are so fucking annoying. And now every channel has a copy cat dysfunctional comedy. Thanks, assholes.

Showtime to pick up Arrested Development?

March 1, 2006 at 01:55:00 PM

Cable network reportedly picks up 26 episodes, but nets are mum on the truth.

Will the Showtime go on?

The New York Post's Page Six gossip column reports that cable network Showtime has picked up 26 episodes of the canceled cult sitcom Arrested Development. The show was axed by Fox after three seasons of Emmy-winning hilarity due to perennially low ratings. Neither network had anything to say officially.

In January, Showtime president Peter Greenblat told reporters at the Television Critics Association press tour that his network was seriously considering picking up the show.

"I always thought it was probably a better fit on a cable network than on a broadcast network," Greenblatt said. "And you know, in fact, I think it really does fit in with a lot of the things that we're doing."

The deal was contingent upon the involvement of show creator Mitchell Hurwitz--at the time, he was having reservations about continuing with the show after three years of stressful dealings with Fox.

"I think he's the genius behind it, and he hasn't yet come to that decision to continue the show," Greenblatt said of Hurwitz.

Arrested Development averaged around 4 million viewers a week in its third and final season, paltry by broadcast TV standards but huge for a cable network like Showtime. In contrast, Weeds, a popular Showtimes series, averages less than 500,000 viewers a week. Even king of the cable hill HBO commands only a few million viewers per week for its non-Sopranos shows--the Mafia-inspired drama, which returns March 16, garners 10 million to 11 million viewers a week.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now