The vegan thread

guerillaidiom

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha..I had some friends who tried it..but it was just too inconvient/time consuming for them to keep it up..so now they are back to vegetarian status..the funniest shit is when I meet vegans who are on the "healthy living" kick and they suck down cigs and 40's non stop..whatever dude..

Originally posted by guerillaidiom+Dec 5 2005, 03:01 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (guerillaidiom - Dec 5 2005, 03:01 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Mr. ABC@Dec 5 2005, 07:41 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-El Mamerro@Dec 6 2005, 10:28 AM

I still believe 70% is VASTLY exaggerated. I wouldn't go past 30%, and that's pushing it. 70% decimation of the ocean species would have created global cataclysm a long time ago.

zackly. we've explored something like 5-10%(?) of the ocean. any guesstimate they make is just that, a guesstimate. if they're trying to push an agenda (and don't get me wrong, i would definately prefer that we stopped fucking our planet in the butthole with no vaseline) then they're going to manipulate the figures to work in favour of their desired outcome

you don't really need to explore the ocean to drop some weights and a net to drag across the ocean floor.

you can do it all from the comfort of a boat.

just saying.

[/b]

For one thing, they've hardly explored the amazon river, let alone all the oceans in the entire world.

Originally posted by mackfatsoe@Dec 5 2005, 05:53 PM

Bottom line about the ocean, vegans are pussies.

Plain and simple. Every vegan I know ate meat within 2 years,and they admitted openly that they felt worse Physically and mentally without atleast a small amount of meat in their regular diet.

Fuck that shit eat a steak bitch.

I was vegi for 2 years, then my boy went to mexico. This dude came back with GALLONS of tequila. We did tequila slammers ( fill up the shot glass with 90 percent tequila/10 percent sprite, put a paper tower over the top of the glass and slam the fucker on the desk, the sprite fizzes and you have no idea you are taking shots of cheap mexican tequila :D) Anyways, I took legit 20 or more of these and decided hey, I haven't have chicken in a while, lets get KFC! So I got down on like 20 honey BBQ wings, ran to the bathroom and projectile vomited EVERYWHERE. I've never been that sick in my life, ever. I guess going from a no meat diet to mass produced chicken mixed with tequila is a shock on the system or something. Anyways, I eat steak and burgers and chicken now. Still kinda feel fucked up about it, but it's tasty.

I'm a vegetarian but I'm not a pussy about it. I take care of myself, drink protein shakes and eat protein bars, work out, take my vitamins...

There are alot of vegetarians/vegans out there that set a bad example, lookin like Holocaust victims and shit, dumpster diving, riding funny bikes, etc.

In fact, the worlds strongest boy, Richard Sandrak a.k.a. Little Hercules, he's like 13 now, doesn't eat any meat, only fruits, veggies, and nuts. And that kid is ripped as a motherfucker.

Bottom line is, don't be a pussy. Take care of yourself, make sure your girl shaves, and eat some motherfucking protein goddamit!!!!!!!

i would say that the FAO is a credible source to draw information from, its not some nut from this harvard square place, however it is a little bit odd that an organisation such as that would suggest that 70% of the worlds ocean population has been killed, as we havent even reached the bottom of some parts of it and we have no actual reliable information to confirm the amount of species in the ocean(s).

are they counting the dinosaurs that used to inhabit the oceans millions of years ago?

Originally posted by guerillaidiom@Dec 5 2005, 08:34 PM

you ride bikes too?

yep, i ride my bike every damn day. i don't have a car and don't plan on getting one. bike punks bike punks!

and i don't look like a holocaust victim, but you can definitely find me in a great many dumpsters, feasting on the excesses of capitalism.

Originally posted by Pedal Power!+Dec 6 2005, 01:34 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pedal Power! - Dec 6 2005, 01:34 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-guerillaidiom@Dec 5 2005, 08:34 PM

you ride bikes too?

yep, i ride my bike every damn day. i don't have a car and don't plan on getting one. bike punks bike punks!

and i don't look like a holocaust victim, but you can definitely find me in a great many dumpsters, feasting on the excesses of capitalism.

[/b]

Where are you located at?

sounds like a dream come true, go out, paint, ride bikes, paint, write on stuff, get free excess food, ride.

I haven't done a couple of those things in a minute, sad.

Hahaha, man... the armchair biologist, and then these... hahaha, oh man.

Originally posted by mackfatsoe+Dec 5 2005, 07:53 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mackfatsoe - Dec 5 2005, 07:53 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Bottom line about the ocean, vegans are pussies.

[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-Pinup@Dec 5 2005, 08:15 PM

there must be dragons down there

On the lighter side of this argument, I know a guy who has NEVER eaten meat. He's a good friend.

At least, I'm pretty damned sure he's never had meet, his parents raised him that way.

And he's not some stick either, he's probably bigger than most of you... and taller...

Well, whatever, I'll still post dead chickens at the top of page two.

Originally posted by guerillaidiom+Dec 6 2005, 12:34 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (guerillaidiom - Dec 6 2005, 12:34 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Pedal Power!@Dec 5 2005, 07:15 PM

as far as hairy women go... my girlfriend doesn't shave.  why should she?  "because it's nasty" is hardly an acceptable response.  society tells her she needs to shave to be beautiful.  she says, "fuck that!"  i support her decision.  but that has nothing to do with the fact that she's a vegetarian.

[/b]

"because its nasty" is a very acceptable reason. are you high?

of course we have destroyed a vast part of the ecosystem.

the funny part was when mammero said we'd be in some cataclysm if that were true.

well, i happen to be of the opinion that we are living in a cataclysm

it's just global, and happens on a global scale, by global time, which means that it won't happen in one fell swoop, it'll happen over a couple hundred years.

i know some of you have read about the acceleration of global warming, the destruction of the rain forest and the depletion of our natural resources...maybe.

By 2050 Warming to Doom Million Species, Study Says

John Roach

for National Geographic News

Updated July 12, 2004

By 2050, rising temperatures exacerbated by human-induced belches of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases could send more than a million of Earth's land-dwelling plants and animals down the road to extinction, according to a recent study.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/20...extinction.html

Ocean bottom inhabitants and marine ecosystems are ripped up, crushed, exposed, and buried, leaving the seafloor looking like an underwater desert. What took centuries, and in some areas thousands of years, to develop is swept up and totally destroyed by one pass of a fishing trawler. Sea corals provide critical habitat for fish and other organisms in marine ecosystems. As much as 70 percent of sealife scraped up in the nets is not "usable" or sought by the trawlers.

New Scientist (2/26/02)

Coral reefs older than the Pyramids

are being ripped to shreds.

http://www.eco-pros.com/humanimpact.htm

"If present rates of destruction continue, half our remaining rainforests will be gone by the year 2025, and by 2060 there will be no rainforests remaining."

.... What’s truly amazing, however, is that while the tropical rainforests cover just 2% of the Earth's land surface, they are home to two-thirds of all the living species on the planet. Additionally, "nearly half the medicinal compounds we use every day come from plants endemic to the tropical rainforest."

http://www.savetherainforest.org/savetherainforest_007.htm

The latest research show that this variety of life is threatened with destruction by human activities. Will we destroy, as is being predicted, up to 50% of all species on the planet in this present century, and will that tragedy really matter to us, or our children and grandchildren?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/programmes/tv/...rogrammes.shtml

Scientists agree world faces mass extinction

August 23, 2002 Posted: 11:43 AM EDT (1543 GMT)

By Gary Strieker

CNN

The complex web of life on Earth, what scientists call "biodiversity," is in serious trouble.

http://archives.cnn.com/2002/TECH/science/...tion/index.html

Almost a quarter of the world's mammals face extinction within 30 years, according to a United Nations report on the state of the global environment.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/2000325.stm

http://www.well.com/user/davidu/extinction.html

there are about ten thousand more links

but hey, i got it from the internet.

this should be re-named: VEGAN ENVIRONMENTALISM SUPERTHREAD

I think it's nasty when girls don't shave their armpits. Even if it was accepted in this society, I would still think it's gross.

And to counter what someone said earlier, what i have said is based on a very valid basis.....girls do not, should not, will not have armpit hair if they wanna ride the LENS jock

man, the earth is resilient.

i'm sure it was fucked when the dinobots were here.

the only thing thats gonna end is people.

the earth will be fine and rejuvinated until the sun burns out and we all move to mars.

GET YOUR ASS TO MARS!

GET YOUR ASS TO MARS!

GET YOUR ASS TO MARS!

GET YOUR ASS TO MARS!

GET YOUR ASS TO MARS!

GET YOUR ASS TO MARS!