Movie Recommendation Thread

H. Lecter

Arise! The subgenius movie.... that is some mindblowing shit. Recommended viewing while partaking of some of natures finest.

19_1_b.JPG

what are some other good movies I've seen lately? Hmm... City of Lost Children; Casshern; Dead Leaves; Oh and I got a new final fantasy VII movie: Last Order.... I haven't watched it yet though.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Naked.jpg

Mike Leighs' NAKED.

One of the essential films of the 1990s, Mike Leigh’s brilliant and controversial Naked stars David Thewlis as Johnny, a charming, eloquent, and relentlessly vicious drifter in London. Rejecting all those who would care for him, the volcanic Johnny hurls himself into a nocturnal odyssey through the city, colliding with a succession of the desperate and the dispossessed and scorching everyone in his path. With a virtuoso script and raw performances by Thewlis and costars Katrin Cartlidge and Lesley Sharp, Leigh’s panorama of England’s crumbling underbelly is a showcase of black comedy and doomsday prophecy, and was the winner of the best director and actor prizes at the 1993 Cannes Film Festival.

CIAO MANHATTAN!

- edie segdwick rolling around on the floor topless throughout half of the film

- meth addiction before meth hit it big

- fat people skin popping amps

- andy warhol's factory freaks

- wacky moog synth soundtrack

- ginsberg talking to aliens

- electroshock therapy

- 60s pop art clothes

what more could you possibly want

just got the 30th anniversary edition thursday

Originally posted by beardo@Feb 12 2006, 02:23 PM

that new woody allen joint 'match point' ruled my face yesterday. not for the short attention spanned.

all right, i'm a big woody allen fan, and enjoy a lot of slowly-paced "sophisticated" (what?) movies. I saw a screening of Match Point at a film festival last november and I didn't enjoy it at all.

The first half seemed like a silly, over the top love triangle movie, and the second half seemed like a silly, over the top murder mystery.

it was like a pulp novel you get at the airport.

please tell me what I missed. cuz everyone digs this movie except for me.

(catch Stardust memories for a good w. allen movie)

• 2 months later...