The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Swiss bearings make old guys look as fast as they were when they were 17...:lol:

jj1.jpg

This park is a 10 minute bike ride from my house . It's not perfect , but it's fun .

nortolmstead-skatepark3.jpg

This is Akron Skate Park , about a 45 minute drive .

akron1.jpg

That place is fucking rad . I can't imagine being able to skate something that smooth & fast on a daily basis . Tyler Mumma still skates for the Emergency ( Best part of Black Label ) Team , he's a ripper just like Jimmy " The Greek " Marcus . :cool:

the fuck just happened?!

that looked like they had strings attached to his board and they pulled it out from under him.. that doesnt even look real. almost looked like a glitch from skate 3 or some shit. his tail get stuck in a crack or some shit?

those parks look real fun celt, especially that akron place.

edit: god damn that bowl you posted imnotwitty looks fucking amazing.. fuuck.

I've done some stupid shit on a skateboard...like doing a " Boneless " out the side-door of a minivan going 25mph , doesn't sound fast until your wheels hit the pavement . Or being towed from a car that had 5 lines and we were all too drunk and crossed over and took each other out around 30+mph . lol . I'm still bugging a friend for the pics of me at the 2nd & 3rd Skatopia Bash's , back when it wasn't blown-out and nobody knew about it . Camp Cleveland is still a legendary place , and if you're lucky enough to be part of it you're treated like a God . It's really mellowed-out the past few years , still crazy , but less AK-47's going off right in front of your tent , People throwing lit firecrackers in your tent or sleeping bag , or homemade cannons shooting cannonballs through old cars , and sometimes taking out unlucky campers . It was beautiful .

this dude who used to ride bikes, thats been skating a lot lately.. was doing switch 360s on this 6ft mini yesterday, as well as nosegrind to lipslide on a 4 ft quarter... kids got some random ass, and good tricks up his sleeve.

and like 2 weeks ago went to a park near my buddies apartment and this local kid showed up. dude did a japan air like 5 ft above the 4-5ft spine, then did a stalefish 360 over the spine.. followed by a indy 540.. followed by a handplant 360... ollowed by a frontside flip indy grab like 5 ft off this kicker..

dude was fuckin SHREDDING. best part is dude always has the worst shoes, and like wal mart decks but tears shit up..

my buddy ollies this box to the flat and he calls us crazy white boys (dude was black)

i was like my dude... you just did a japan air like 10 ft in the air, followed by a 540 over a spine... and we're fuckin crazy?

any body here heard of The Spits

Yep . I remember 5-6 years ago waking up and my girlfriend at the time was making them French Toast while they were reading through my old Thrasher Magazines from the mid-late 80's . They're actually a rad bunch of dudes and I let them crash instead of a shitty Cleveland hotel . They've changed their lineup over the years , but the shows are fun as hell . Playing at Now That's Class ( you all would love it , a punk bar that has ramps to skate inside and outside ) June 13th , I'm going .

Yep . I remember 5-6 years ago waking up and my girlfriend at the time was making them French Toast while they were reading through my old Thrasher Magazines from the mid-late 80's . They're actually a rad bunch of dudes and I let them crash instead of a shitty Cleveland hotel . They've changed their lineup over the years , but the shows are fun as hell . Playing at Now That's Class ( you all would love it , a punk bar that has ramps to skate inside and outside ) June 13th , I'm going .

Got any of their albums you could link up here?

Got any of their albums you could link up here?

They pretty much release every album self-titled , and have a lot of EP 7"'s . Their main band site is full of errors...no surprise there . :lol:

Probably easier to just go from here . ---> http://www.myspace.com/thespits

P.S. - If you ever see " Spend A Night In A Haunted House...with The Spits " 7" BUY IT !!! It came with a sucker ( Spits put weird shit in their limited release stuff ) . It's not only a good record , but rare as hell . :cool:

for anyone in boston or around... apparently the story behind this dude Reda is he was bombing a hill late at night, had a green light so he bombed the intersection, i guess there was a cop answering a shooting call and he blew the light and hit the dude right in the middle of the intersection and killed him.. atleast thats what i was told.

rest easy man.

ripforreda.jpg