The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I hope to diversify but I’ve been Santa Cruz for decks since day one, like I said in another thread I fucked heavily with hook ups cause of sailor moon, in the name of the mood I will punish you.  

Edited by where
  • LOL! 1

Just now, where said:

I hope to diversify but I’ve been Santa Cruz for decks since day one, like I said in another thread I fucked heavily with hook ups cause of sailor moon, in the name one the mood I will punish you.  

On 5/12/2020 at 1:25 PM, JBchit said:

Tiny manny pads like that remind me of World Industries park manny pad. Even though i've never been there, still sick.

You ever watch Blind Video Days, @Ray40? You should def watch The Chocolate Tour too.

No I haven’t, I will def look at those 

10 hours ago, where said:

I hope to diversify but I’ve been Santa Cruz for decks since day one, like I said in another thread I fucked heavily with hook ups cause of sailor moon, in the name of the mood I will punish you.  

Are their decks good? Like, do they last a while?

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Ray40 said:

Sorry, what’s wrong with pushing mongo?

It is bad form and looks terrible. You should keep your front foot planted on your board for a solid foundation while pushing.

Think about the movement of pushing with your front foot and bringing it back into position compared to pushing with your back foot. The mongo movement opens you up to be off balance when you bring your foot all the way from the end of your push back to the front of your board. When pushing with your back foot, you complete the push and can immediately place your foot on the tail. It is a smoother more fluid movement that allows you to keep your front foot planted in the direction you are moving.

On a positive note, by pushing mongo now,  you should end up being able to push switch properly later.

• Like 2
  • Truth 1
  • Props 1

@Ray40Jump!

Practice the mechanics of your Ollie. You aren’t really poping/snapping your ollie. It’s more of a tail scrape to ride off the stairs. Which is great practice for approach and balance, but you should try to jump, bend your knees and bring your feet up to your body to level out and get some height.

@Ray40To improve your kickflips, start hitting those weights in the background in your garage and start filming landscape orientation.

Focus on the mechanics of the trick. You don’t yet have control of the basic movement that makes up your version of the trick. You aren’t giving the board a strong flick to flip the board.

Try learning heelflips while you are learning kickflips. You may find one comes more naturally than the other.

It is one of those things you have to figure out for yourself...it could take all summer, one week or it may never happen. Just keep trying it over and over until you start figuring it out and don’t give up. I remember spending an entire summer just focusing on kickflips. It’s tough, but once you learn it you should never forget how to do it.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1