The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

not even 5 mins into skating today i slipped back, and the inside of my knee hit the ground and the outside got sat on, heard and felt a few pops.. felt horrible, and is sore as shit.

10 minutes later my buddy gets hip checked by a 2 ft tall ledge. 10 minutes after that the other friend snapped his deck.. not our day.

not your day? sounds like its not your sport

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
There's nothing stupid about what I said at all.

I'm sure if this was the 90's and I said Mark McGuire was juicing, or a few years ago if somebody said that Lance Armstrong was "doping", you would have called them an idiot.

All's I know is that when it does come out that certain pro's are "doping" then I'm going to quote your post with size 7 red AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA'S.

Until then that's all I have to say on this topic. End topic.

Eh, good point.

and i'm not sure i've ever heard of a drug that improves coordination... which is what being able to skateboard is 95% based off of. in fact, whenever i've put on muscle in the past, it's thrown off my skateboarding.

all in all, DAO is full of shit as usual and you shouldn't even bother with that bored moron.

i'm nearly positive dude is on some clown-trick skateboarding. most talented people are humble about it, skateboarders in particular.

andrew-reynolds.jpg

this isn't what somebody on performance enhancing drugs looks like.

This man disagrees:

[ATTACH]162731.vB[/ATTACH]

Not all performance enhancing drugs are steroids bro.

They have shit that increases everything from endurance and stamina, to focus and coordination, to testosterone etc. etc.

I actually watched some 60 minutes story on Lance Armstrong where one of his team mates was snitching all over him and their entire team. He basically said that their entire sport is so dependant on performance enhancing drugs that you literally can't compete unless you're on them.

After watching that episode and listening to what dude said about people who aren't "doping", as they call it, literally can not compete in their sport I started thinking about the comparisons with modern day skateboarding.

Like I said this is just my theory for now, but it's based off of 23 years of skateboarding.

Skateboard technology hasn't changed in the past 17 or so years. Yet the absolute ridiculousness of what some people have been doing on a skateboard lately has been on some superman shit.

It's just my personal theory, and I'm sticking with it.

If you disagree, then we can change the subject.

Lance_Armstrong_09.jpg.dcdda9befb7d01ad4b06498220c2f655.jpg

and i'm not sure i've ever heard of a drug that improves coordination... which is what being able to skateboard is 95% based off of. in fact, whenever i've put on muscle in the past, it's thrown off my skateboarding.

all in all, DAO is full of shit as usual and you shouldn't even bother with that bored moron.

i'm nearly positive dude is on some clown-trick skateboarding. most talented people are humble about it, skateboarders in particular.

That's because you're a fucking moron who doesn't know Vaj's cunt juice from Glicks ball seed.

There are a wide variety of performance enhancing drugs that do a lot to enhance performance other than just muscle building steroids you 20teen year old, rubbing alcohol drinking, sloppy seconds slurping, jackass.

*Edit: I can't believe I missed this post earlier.

that jay burton shit was hot. I feel compelled to point out a little bit of fake style at times, but only cause I'm a vicious hater. Truth is that shit was awesome and if i ripped like that i might throw in a little extra surf crouch too. propped.

no im an east coaster too. im just pointing out what is sometimes referred to as "fake style" (justin strubing is another one that gets called on this.) if you skate like a surfer thats fine. what im really talking about is when you consciously do something, usually at the end of your trick to make it look better, like crouch down and style it out.

If you skate like a wild man and youre about to fall off your board so you get low so as not to fall over, thats one thing. ..... its a natural movement to make sure the trick goes down.

but in burtons ender its clearly an afterthought. and it shouldnt be a thought at all., That grind was burly as fuck, just ride away. your style is your style.

whether youre matt mumford with big bird wing arms or jerry hsu with that inverted elbow shit. thats just how you skate. But to me for better or worse dont try and strike a pose of what you think skating should look like.

whatever. dude rips. Im jealous and overthinking it.

you said it though. that is EXACTLY what over-steez is. it was an on going

joke for a couple of years a while back. round the time when that tool p.rod was still

pretty young and poppin. him and plenty of other pros. bunch of cali fools. ryan gallant.

the list is too fucking long to think about. but either way. i think the term kinda feezed

out and people dont sweat it as much. i personally, think its hilarious because i used to

suffer from chronic OVS disease too but now i just kinda ride away from a banger normal.

LOLLLLLZZZZZ!!!